Recent content by Dfred | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Dfred

1. D

sync 3 3.0 ... no waze support?

Mustang and my 2017 Explorer.... both Sync 3.0 build 18025 with ford nav...... updates Waze app........ NO WAZE ON EITHER VEHICLES
  2. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Well you have to update the Waze app which came out yesterday...... haven’t tried it on my Explorer yet but will in a bit and see if it’s working.... I do have fords over priced Nav unit.
  3. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Upgrade to latest version is done, but Waze still does not show on my apps screen. Are we now waiting on an update from Waze?
  4. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Updated my 2018 Mustang yesterday..... no problems....... going for the 2017 Explorer today.....
  5. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Oh just great..... I just downloaded the update and was going to install it on my hour drive to Cincinnati...... the web site stated it would take an hour to install.
  6. D

2017 Explorer Limited iPad Bluetooth issue

I have never used an IPad in my x...... but phones and iPods work fine with Bluetooth
  7. D

Navigation outside US or Canada

Google owns Waze........ it will never be on Car Play
  8. D

Navigation outside US or Canada

Android Auto allows Google Maps and Waze.
  9. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Big improvement for me....... IPod is working fine now with IOS 11.1.before I would have to unplug and plug it back into get it to work. Works every time since the update.... other than that, I don’t see any cosmetic changes.
  10. D

SYNC 3 latest version

I could not get a stick to work either..... but WiFi worked during the night..... next morning it was there........
  11. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Peter your right.... US updates are here Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE But nothing for the 2017 Explorer...... Ford needs to do something, my garmin is updated 4 times a year.... my phone constantly......
  12. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Mine updated to 2.3 last night over WiFi....... woke up and there it was.........
  13. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Gonna try the usb update from ford again...... didn’t work yesterday........
  14. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Well I downloaded the latest version from the my ford web site....... followed the instructions extracted the files to a usb...... started the vehicle inserted the drive....... got stuck on updating for two hours....... drove home turned off the vehicle, took out the usb started the vehicle and...
  15. D

Sync3 Failure and FoMoCo Snub

Does the same thing to my I phone 6 and my iPod with iOS 11.1.1 However my older iPod with the older operating system works just fine. I do not have to unplug and plug it back in after a vehicle start. So that tell me a conflict with the new iOS and sync 2.2 which came out before iOS 11. Just my...
Back