Recent content by DieselDean89 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DieselDean89

1. D

92 XLT carphone?

my buddy has a '92 XLT. nothing weird a little bit up but still runs well, but in front of his center console is a small post bolted into the floor, and 2 wires (one looks like an ethernet cable and the other looks like a headphone jack) protrude from under the center console. so my question is...
  2. D

cant afford to keep running Royal purple! help!

i wasnt implying that it was "unchangable super oil" lol ive just always been paranoid about sludge. but whats that about a coffee filter? also how long is your standard Purolator filter last? because most of the filter packages dont say anthing about filter life
  3. D

cant afford to keep running Royal purple! help!

i started using royal purple idk why i started but its a mony pit. how can i safely switch to something cheaper?
  4. D

Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article

i hope this question isn't too dumb, but i've never put a lift kit on anything, so hear it goes: do i need to put my X on a lift (2 post, 4 post whatever) to install either of these kits?
  5. D

throttle body spacer concerns on 99 4.0L SOHC

thanks techie ill try that. i don't think i kept the box tho. aldive i seem to always run into you or your posts when im looking for help with my '99, do you think i could have screwed anything up when i put on the spacer, cus after i put it on theres been a whole mess of idle/lean codes and...
  6. D

Idle problem - 1998 Explorer V6 SOHC Eddie Bauer

stroke21 im having the same problem and then some. like my98 said put on both sets of new intake gaskets, and while you've got your intake off put in a new ECT(Engine Temperature Control sensor. its the sensor right behind the thermostat) its usually hard to reach and causes lean/idle problems...
  7. D

Engine Problem: Low Idle/ Stall

hey man, dont feel bad, im in college right now to become an auto/diesel mechanic and i cant even fix my X! i have a '99 XLT 4.0L SOHC with a rough idle too, not so much the stalling (its happened but not frequently), also my engine is running lean, so i figured too much air means not enough...
  8. D

need help with ETC on 4.0L SOHC

yea dude. its the sensor right behind the thermostat. and its uber hard to reach.
  9. D

Effect of vehicle speed on IAT

so how much is this screen, and would having it help my idling problem? i remember not seeing one when i took my maf out to clean it. Relating to the underhood temp discussion, ive heard a common drag racing technique to lower underhood temps pretty dramaticaly is to wrap the headers (using...
  10. D

throttle body spacer concerns on 99 4.0L SOHC

i put an Airaid throttle body spacer on my '99 XLT 4.0L SOHC a while back and ever since then ive had all sorts of idle and temp problems which include: ECT out of position(thats what the scanner said), TPS out of position, possible MAF contamination or IAC module malfunction, and its definetly...
  11. D

-Your Explorer-

1. 1999 XLT, 4.0L SOHC, auto4, AT 2. $4000 3. 110k when i got it, ran like a beast! 4. 120k this week, runs like its drunk? 5. got it as a graduation gift from my dad last june, didn't like it at first cause i was used to driving Pontiacs ('88 Fiero, and a 450hp 87' firebird which was...
  12. D

need help with ETC on 4.0L SOHC

my x has been having a plethera of idle/sensor issues lately and one of them is the ETC sensor. i found the thing but im having a hard time reaching it, and im not trying to take off the intake manifold or anything like that. any suggestions on a good approach?
  13. D

anyone want to go for a run in the lima,OH or Columbus,OH areas?

good to know that theres more X's running around C-bus. yeah i checked that site but i couldn't find anything. i know of 2 spots near easton a few spots in westerville, and about 5 random spots about 45mins from C-bus.
  14. D

4.0 OHV & SOHC Go Fast Goodies!!

this is probobly a really dumb question here but its been bothering me for a while now: is the mustang 4.0L SOCH and the X 4.0L SOCH the same engine?
  15. D

2nd gen X exo cage questions

i want to run a cage but id like to do some research first. like: how many feet of tubing would i need? what size and grade of steel tubing would i need for it to be an actual exo "roll cage"? how much would it cost? who could do the fabrication? (my welds aren't too pretty) and should i...
Back