Recent content by Digitalgp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Digitalgp

1. D

3.5na to 3.7 piu true dual exhaust writeup

This swap began because my factory mufflers were in rough shape. The metal must be very thin on these as they were literally splitting at all the seams. Even found they were rotting through on the top side... especially the passenger one as you can see in my picture. I used some muffler putty...
  2. D

alternator issues

Confirmed it’s just a bearing noise from the alternator, but I am going to change it to avoid issues down the road. I read on here someone actually had one cease up on them. Doesn’t seem too hard to get to. Just a few extra steps with having to take the fan assembly out. I am going oe. This...
  3. D

alternator issues

The alternator on my Explorer has been making a whining noise for over a month now (sometimes louder than others), but I keep getting told its working fine. This was by two different mechanics. When I hook my voltage tester up with its usually in the low-mid 13 volts which I know is low, but at...
  4. D

2018 Explorer Windshield moldings side and bottom breaking down too soon

Thank you. I am assuming there is no way to save the outer A-pillar moldings once they are taken off to replace the inners? I will definitely look into Levittown ford. It is looking close to $600 after tax for all 4 pieces which is absolutely ridiculous imo
  5. D

2018 Explorer Windshield moldings side and bottom breaking down too soon

I noticed the rubber weatherstrips on either side of my windshield are dry rotting and pealing. Does anyone here know if those are part of the windshield itself or are they part of the inner A-pillar molding? The parts guy I spoke with at the dealer can't seem to find it in his catalogue and...
  6. D

3.5 duratec true dual exhaust upgrade

I plan on rigging something up for the extra hanger just to give it some extra support. Your setup sounds pretty good especially after the addition of the vibrant mufflers on top of the flowmaster. Sounds pretty close to stock inside, but a little tone outside
  7. D

Exhaust question for the 3.7 PIU guys

I have a question regarding the true dual exhaust on the 3.7 PIU's. I am curious to know if any of you who have removed the resonator know what it looks like inside. I'm wondering if it has a crossover setup inside or do both side just go straight through parallel perforated cores or is is just...
  8. D

Recommend to not buy a non Motorcraft alternator

I would tend to agree for the most part with sticking OEM for an alternator. My past experiences have been a mixed bag. I have no complaints about the remy unit I put in my '07 Explorer, but others I wasn't so lucky with
  9. D

Importance of vehicle being level for oil change?

and thats where a good quality oil filter comes in
  10. D

Importance of vehicle being level for oil change?

The oil drain plug faces the back of the vehicle. With the nose off the ground a little via jack stands or better yet driveway ramps it should actually drain out better than being flat on a lift. Thats the advantage of a transverse engine over a longitudinal engine. I always pull the dipstick up...
  11. D

3.5 duratec true dual exhaust upgrade

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I am going through with this exhaust swap within the coming weeks as I obtained an entire 3.7 PIU exhaust system. For comparison the front pipe is a little shorter, but the catback itself is a little longer. From what I see looks like everything will line up. I do...
  12. D

muffler

The walker mufflers are designed to slip over/clamp on however I am sure you can have them welded on if you prefer. If you click on the part number for the muffler it will bring you to an actual picture of the product...
  13. D

Solved Stock air cleaner mod

There was previously a thread on here regarding this cold air mod for the stock air cleaner which can be seen here https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/air-intake-mod-increases-fuel-mileage-and-performance.492896/ Not sure how many people have done this besides this person, but I've...
  14. D

Rear A/C unit control, potential malfunction

Something sounds off with that. FWIW all I know is on my '15 you have to turn on the rear controls from the main control head in the front otherwise they won't work. You can either control from the front only or the rear only, but not both. Kind of annoying, I liked the control setup far better...
  15. D

random stumble while driving

Got the Explorer back with the new injector and so far seems to be running nice & smooth again. No stumbles no pending codes. I read through some of it when this first happened to me. I can't help but think maybe because this happened to me maybe its happening to others as well. Not necessarily...
Back