Recent content by dkchrist | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by dkchrist

1. D

Tyler's '94 Explorer

Congrats and nice work on the fender! I have one that looks identical to that! (Other than I just removed the running boards).
  2. D

What usually goes bad with the seat heaters?

Normally a wire will burn out on the element itself. I repaired a seat out of a 2001 limited this way to install on my 93. You have to completely dismantle the seat to get at the element which is not too bad just time consuming. Then splice the wire or put in a new element (ebay i think has...
  3. D

RockRangerII Refresh

Almost sounds like too much toe :dunno:
  4. D

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

the pup in the second pictures is hilarious :D !! Nice to see some progress on the ranger. Running Baja with that thing?
  5. D

RockRangerII Refresh

I am with Kirby N. everything looks good. Larger tires have more advantage on the steering components than the smaller so that would make the problem worse. What in the steering has changed since you built it?
  6. D

RockRangerII Refresh

How are the angles and length on the steering linkage (i.e. drag link, and straight line from frame bolt to axle mount on track bar)? Even with good components a little bit out can cause issues. And just to clarify do this start after going over a bump or does it start small and get...
  7. D

Completed Project Kirby's 1991 Ranger Build Up

Those are for the plastic manifold 4.0 OHV. 94+ I just did the same thing. I panicked slightly too. :)
  8. D

Scott B's 93 Ranger XLT V8

:eek::(:( I hate to see this truck change hands. You must specify that whoever buys it has to keep it in the "RBV family" (i.e. explorerforum, rps, rangerstation). Good Luck with the sale! A truly top notch build!
  9. D

5spdman's slow and cheap XLT build

Amazing Progress...can't wait to see it finished! Good luck with the Axle!
  10. D

5spdman's slow and cheap XLT build

Factory Spec is .005 to .030" of end float with the center pin installed. I know that when I installed my ARB on my last truck they sent several thicknesses of C-clip just for this reason.
  11. D

The Red Bomber

Alright so after a couple days work I got all the wiring run for the power and heat and while I was there I pull the carpet up to work on the shifter since it was terribly sloppy. I found once I had it out the boot was torn on the shifter allowing dirt to get in the tranny (not good.) Also the...
  12. Stuff with the Seats out

Stuff with the Seats out

#1 seat in and warming!
  13. Stuff with the Seats out

Stuff with the Seats out

14. Stuff with the Seats out

Stuff with the Seats out

Old shifter seal
  15. Stuff with the Seats out

Stuff with the Seats out

Rubber Plugs and Old seal
Back