Recent content by Dono | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Dono

1. Dono

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Impressive. I see you yanked the AC box. That sure gives lots of room. Nice to see your so motivated. I wish I had your energy.
  2. Dono

Wow, you have been busy already.
  3. Dono

My 2004 Explorer

Great to hear you bounced back. No one would ever say life is easy. Back to enjoying your passion!
  4. Dono

My 2004 Explorer

Sorry to see it go. That was a nice one. I hope it went to a nice home. I know things change, for sure. I am really enjoying my 04 Mustang GT vert with the kenne bell 2.6. Relative to the explorer, its really easy to work on and is very responsive to changes. My daily driver is now a 2020...
  5. Dono

I'm not sure the sensor is heat soaking Tim (well, maybe its part of what you are seeing). At idle, your blower is still creating boost (heat), and that bypass valve is open. With the valve open, the boosted (heated) air is recirculating. Honestly, at low load you have nothing to worry about...
  6. Dono

I'm sure the guys at Mo's will get you closer, and help you understand the changes you need to make as you tweak. Your moving on from the mechanical frustrations to tuning frustrations.
  7. Dono

Mo's speed shop sounds first class
  8. Dono

Does holly ahve the same style open loop/closed loop system, meaning when cold its in open loop? Didn't the guys tune while you had a vacuum leak? I'm wondering if thats somehow part of the issue you are seeing.
  9. Dono

That would have to be a holley ecu issue, correct?
  10. Dono

Marty and Mo's has a great reputation. I dodn't know they are a holley shop also. Thats great news!
  11. Dono

Lol....I seem to remember I tried the 'throw money at it till it works'.
  12. Dono

The rising costs of EVERYTHING sure cuts in to the fun money. Thats for sure. Do you really think moving to LS coils wold help in this case?
  13. Dono

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

Situation seems normal to me. :-( It's so tight in the engine bay, its crazy. Hate to actually admit this, but I'm so happy Tim was able to make something out of the pile of great parts I had. I'm still happy to have washed my hands of the continual missery I endured. Self inflicted, but...
  14. Dono

So the #6 red led is the cam sync signal? Your getting closer.
Back