Recent content by dont slow down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by dont slow down

1. D

Wireless charger issues

I purchased one of those for my wife and it works really well. A well designed product. Won't work with my Samsung unfortunately but I'm not the primary driver of the vehicle so that's OK. I have since changed phones to the s23+ and with my case it does fit. It still charges slow but doesn't get...
  2. D

Tune for mpg increase?

After owning our 2022 limited with the 2.3l eco for about 7 months now I'm less than impressed with the mileage. We get an average of 21 on the highway and eco mode doesn't make a difference (and the fact that it won't stay in eco mode after a restart is just plain stupid). Our 13 3.5 non turbo...
  3. D

Wireless charger issues

Thanks for the suggestions. It is in a case, a very thin case, which has never interfered with my nightstand wireless charger, my truck wireless charger, or my desk wireless charger. All different brand chargers, 2 of them are lower quality chargers, all charge fine. During this drive my phone...
  4. D

Wireless charger issues

Another hour and 20 minutes on the wireless charger yielded another 10% increase. So a total of a 3.5 hour drive charged my phone 33%. Pretty sad.
  5. D

Wireless charger issues

I'm pretty disappointed with the wireless charger in our 22 limited. It doesn't seem to charge very well and my phone gets really hot. I have a Samsung s21 phone. I just performed a test to get some numbers. Put my phone on the wireless charger at 1:30, it was at 10%. At 2:00 I checked it...
  6. D

Adding in deleted hands free lift gate?

Service tech just said that when parts are available Ford will release a "recall" type notice in the system for all owners who had the features deleted with a "corrective action". That sounds less than promising
  7. D

I did not! Good idea, although I don't see the option in the media screen for the hands free function, I would think there would be something for it.
  8. D

A "chip" or microchip is hardware. As far as I know all the hardware is there, according to the service manual. The software should already be in the vehicle and is usually manipulated by the modules and/or forscan.
  9. D

So I took a look in forscan, theres a handsfree liftgate option in the BCM that I enabled, as well as the same option you shared in the IPC. With both enabled I could not get the function to work. I will be taking the vehicle in tomorrow for servicing for a different issue and I will ask about it.
  10. D

That's what I was coming up with too, I will take a look at forscan and see if anything is listed there for it. I'm hoping its as easy as enabling it, that would be nice.
  11. D

Yes it is already equipped with the power lift gate.
  12. D

I've seen a few other threads discussing the deleted hands free lift gate but none on adding it back in. Our 22 Limited had the delete done by Ford becuase of the supply chain issues, now I'm wondering what it will take to add it back in. I looked a bit online and found a few of the system...
  13. D

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

Thanks for the info. Ours is going in for another minor servicing soon so maybe I'll play dumb and ask them to look into it as well since the car is only 2 months old.
  14. D

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

I noticed ours wasnt working either. Havent looked into it but I suspect this is the same problem, we have a 22 limited as well. Where would I check to see if the hose is there? Would I need to remove trim panels inside or is it accessable from the outside? I can add my own tubing if its easy...
Back