Recent content by Donystoy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Donystoy

1. D

Drivers mirror puddle light shorting somewhere

You probably have a broken wire in the boot that is in the door jamb. Very common issue. The easiest way is to cut open the boot to examine the wires. If I remember correctly the puddle lights are part of the entry / exit lighting system.
  2. D

Need advice/options for P0401 EGR Insufficient Flow for 2005 Ford Explorer

The sensor on my 02 4.6 was on top of the rear center of the engine against the firewall. Fits into a rubber fitting that has two tubes that are attached to the main EGR pipe in two different locations. Changed mine last year before I sold the vehicle. I first checked the operation of the EGR...
  3. D

Question on Adjustable Pedals

Seems strange that your 2005 does not have them. My 2002 EB had adjustable pedals which were never used.
  4. D

Need Motor Mount Help Badly

Look on line for YouTube videos. 1A auto might have one. Saw one video showing replacing mounts but the engine was out. Regardless it looks like a major PITA.
  5. D

What is this? On a 2002 Explorer

Haven't got my Explorer any more but if I remember correctly it had something to do with the odometer and trip counter. I remember using it in the past.
  6. D

Leaking PS line at rack. Replacing Everything

I would replace any hoses in the vicinity of the rack that are difficult to get to without removing covers etc. I had one replaced under the extended warranty on my 02 when it was about 5 years old. The original owner had purchased the warranty and I was able to buy it for $100. Best money I...
  7. D

Don't buy 3rd Gen with 4.0L

I agree, These forums are meant for friendly assistance in helping other members that have varying degrees of expertise. The 4 liter engine certainly had more issues than the 4.6 which I was already aware of in 2005 when I purchased my 2002 with 75000 klms on it. Any plastic component is...
  8. D

A/C does not blow cold air

You have to clear up the damper issues first to confirm that you have the correct air flow through the evaporator. Just like in your house, you would not try to charge up the A/C with a dirty air filter in the furnace. Also confirm that the hot water valve is functioning as it should. Had to...
  9. D

Intermediate steering shaft

I have an intermediate steering shaft that I purchased some years ago for my 2002 4.6 that I never used. Wondering if anyone on here is looking for one. Came out of I believe a 2004 that was wrecked early on. Thought I would ask here first before I put it on line. I paid around $75 US for it.
  10. D

Replace upper ball joint boot only?

Carquest up here in Ontario has replacement boots.
  11. D

Power seat won't move.

Did you have the battery disconnected when you replaced the switch? Wondering if you possibly blew a fuse although there should not be any power for the seats unless the ignition is on. If the passenger seat operates properly I think you still might have an issue with the wiring. Gave away my...
  12. D

Power seat won't move.

I would certainly think that you must have disturbed some wiring when changing out the heated seat switch. Go back in and make certain all connections are good. Maybe disconnect, inspect and re-insert the plugs. Recently sold my Explorer so can't look at mine.
  13. D

Front Airbag sensors

Just make sure you disconnect the battery first before tackling this job.
  14. D

Where is Expansion valve and Orifice tube?

Should be in the smaller of the two refrigerant lines laying horizontal on top of the wheel well shown in your last picture.
  15. D

Parasitic draw on battery, not radio/dvd nor rear wiper

The last issue I had with parasitic current draw was corrosion on the pins of the 7 pin trailer connector beside the rear hitch. Replaced the receptacle and all was good.
Back