Recent content by donzoh1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by donzoh1

1. D

Another question about the first gen moonroof

I'm either going to find the replacement hardware for the B2 Pop-Up or the comparable hardware for the Explorer Pop-Up or I'm just going to glue it all back in place with silicone.
  2. D

I found one today that has an electric sunroof that the owner tells me is original equipment on an XLT. Until now, I thought they were exclusively manual pop up moonroofs. Any guesses as to which ones may have been electrical? My best information is that the pop up moonroof was found on the...
  3. D

Does anyone know which Explorers would have had the factory moonroof, whether they be XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer, etc. I think the 4dr has different designations than the 2dr but not sure on that. I'm guessing the moonroof would have been optional on some trim levels rather than being guaranteed?
  4. D

First Gen Moonroof

Thanks. Those numbers are consistent with the measurements on my B2.
  5. D

First Gen Moonroof

Yosty, Thanks for your response. Can you tell me what the approximate glass size is? My B2 glass is about 17 by 30 inches. Dunno whether the glass is the same size but the hardware looks identical. For what it's worth, my B2 was also siliconed by the previous owner but for some reason, I feel...
  6. D

First Gen Moonroof

I think many of them leak after some time. Either the caulk/sealant gets brittle or the downtubes get clogged. Many wind up with silicone or other caulk added to fix this. The pic above looks exactly like my B2. The parts I'm looking for are the two-piece hinges and then the crank and other...
  7. D

First Gen Moonroof

I've been told that the 1991-94 Explorer had a moonroof similar to the 1983-88 Bronco II. Does anyone know whether this in fact is correct and where to get parts for that moonroof. I know this is not a Bronco II forum but I've run out of leads on where to get this hardware. I need the front...
Back