Recent content by DoraThe_Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DoraThe_Explorer

1. D

Lost Keys...

Good to know. Thanks again for the help!
  2. D

Lost Keys...

I must have mixed up my notifications and just saw all of your replies. Thank you everyone for the input! I have been searching all of the local salvage yards for the same year / model computer and haven't had any luck (thankfully). Thanks to @CDW6212R I used some packing tape (temporarily)...
  3. D

Lost Keys...

Oh also, the part number for the key dinger matches my parts rig and this Sport. I will switch that out soon just to be safe. One less thing to worry about causing starting trouble in the future...
  4. D

Lost Keys...

Thank you for the reply, Dono. She said that the key "was not taking" and blamed the computer. That is why I am thinking of just replacing the computer to be safe. There is no way my other computer could work, right? Different part numbers means I will probably end up frying a sensor or two if I...
  5. D

Lost Keys...

Thanks for the quick reply! That makes sense that the blue piece would the the key dinger so I don't have to worry about it. I did double check the connections under the hood to make sure everything looked good. If I go to the junkyard do I need to buy a new computer, lock cylinder, and pats...
  6. D

Lost Keys...

Hello everyone! I have been working on a field find '98 sport for a little while now, and had to get it towed to my new place. Somehow the keys got lost during the tow (I have been looking for six weeks without any luck). I gave in and called a lock smith to make me a key expecting to pay...
  7. D

96 explorer $350

Is there anything else wrong with it? If not, that's one heck of a great deal! Also good luck with the lower ball joints. They can be a pain to press out sometimes...
  8. D

02 TDI Swap

This is a really cool project! Keep us posted with your progress :thumbsup:
  9. D

This came out when changed the oil this morning

How is your motor running? Any knocks or misfires? I have never seen anything like that come from an engine before either. Just to throw out ideas... Is it possible that this was in your drain pan before draining the oil and you didn't notice it? Maybe it fell off of your workbench or something.
  10. D

Custom Shackles?

Great answer! I would also highly recommend welding in a center support if you decide to weld your own shackles. I have TT up front with Warrior shackles, an add a leaf, and load adjusting shocks in the rear of my explorer and it sits level. It is a bit stiff, but you still can't beat a 3...
  11. D

Rockwells

Sorry to see you go buddy, but hopefully you got a few solid years of wheeling this beast! Best of luck selling it!
  12. D

Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger

This is a cool project you're working on! Looking forward to seeing your progress buddy.
  13. D

1956 F100 Explorer Chassis Swap

The whole front end lines up perfectly, Buddy. It looks awesome!
  14. D

hey guys im the noob!

Welcome aboard buddy!
  15. D

help rear upper door seal leaking!

When you get back to your house or have a spot to work in that is dry check to see if your seal no seated all of the way around the hatch. Sometimes the glue gets weak and the seal detaches from the body. If that is the case, get some glue and re-seat it. If your seal is dry rotted and...
Back