Recent content by doubleDD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by doubleDD

1. doubleDD

Strange Test from message center

Yep you are right... yes, I should have posted as well. I had the exact same situation as you, not thinking about the battery being low being that big of a deal. When I replaced it a couple months ago, every single issue stopped happening, including, as you say, the other things that are...
  2. doubleDD

cold weather = AUTOMATIC TEST mode The cold weather thing is interesting, and I'm glad to know (well, so to speak) that you are seeing the same cold weather issues with it going into TEST mode on its own. I bet your AC just needs a freon filling, which you can do on your own if you're so...
  3. doubleDD

No New Info.... Hi Claude. No, I never found any of the diag codes listed herein, nor has anyone posted them to my knowledge. Again, I feel pretty certain that cold weather has at least 'something' to do with mine dropping into TEST mode at will (which it still does during cold spells). You...
  4. doubleDD

still no additional info on the TEST mode I never did get any additional information than what I posted. Since I made the post many months back, I have learned that in extremely cold weather (specifically recently over the last month), it has been going back into this TEST mode on its own...
  5. doubleDD

want to install spkr pair in rear 3rd seat with woofer

bump - ANYONE know what to do to install a couple extra speakers in the rear?
  6. doubleDD

02-06 instrument cluster self diag mess cntr test

wow neon, I was sitting at the burger king today eating lunch, (about the same time as you but wherever you are) and had the same thought, so I just cranked the key in the process and bang, there it was, working, reading live data while the engine was running. This MUST be the only time I have...
  7. doubleDD

want to install spkr pair in rear 3rd seat with woofer

I have the stock 6 CD changer/5 speaker system with the woofer in the rear 3rd seat, and would like to add a couple of inexpensive 3-5" speakers to this rear area just to get some high end into the back. My daughter is complaining about only being able to hear the low end back there. Has anyone...
  8. doubleDD

Yea, it is pretty slick. Except that I got the DTCs that I got and dont know what they mean (and 1 of them while the engine was running, but not while off). AND the fact that the first time it happened, it happened (on its own) while the engine was running, which gave LIVE data, but I can't find...
  9. doubleDD

In the computer thread, I posted a problem/story about a message center test (with strange diag codes) that I am trying to find more info on. Anyone know more about this TEST? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=186860 ------------------------- Here's how to run the message...
  10. doubleDD

additional message center tests?

In the computer thread, I posted a long %ss essay about a message center test (with strange diag codes) that I am trying to find more info on. Anyone know more about this TEST? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186860 Best,
  11. doubleDD

I just posted a new edited version of the problem (above) with additional info I have found on how to run the message center TEST mode (not the normal simple "setup" test). It would be great if anyone else with an 02-06 model message center (cluster or base type) would try running the TEST...
  12. doubleDD

Hi There

Ahhh, Ross. I'd forgotten all about them. Studiomaster was the first I personally learned on (aside from live desks); from there to Neve and Neotech in '83; SSL in '88. Still loved the Neve the most (tons of lead, nice and slow and warm.) Hey, I ordered some Zaino stuff. Can't wait for it to...
  13. doubleDD

additional TEST from message center now in 2nd EDIT: I found a little bit of info on how to repeat this TEST (in KOEO): http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1612845&postcount=2 This link is a TSB provided by a member who obviously has Ford 'in-house' connections, being a...
  14. doubleDD

Hi There

OR, I bet, a Studiomaster, complete with lovely mahogany sideboards :-) It was the home studio champ of the early 80's. Oh yea, the wax, I WAS going to be asking. Zaino - rhymes with Draino - so it MUST be good. I'll look for it. Just to try something new, I used McGuires a week a go. I think...
  15. doubleDD

Hi There

Yea, maybe I should teach... I've thought about it a lot actually. I was never much of a tech junkie; a musician that learned to engineer, standing back and producing from the song's point of view (mostly to analog); but I could POINT really well at where it stops working -- let the tech junkies...
Back