Recent content by Dxta | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Dxta

1. D

SD NAV card fault

Have had this message displayed on my car's navigation system ever since we for the car. What could have caused it, and where is this SD card located? I'd want to remove it, and take a look at it. Dxta
  2. D

Engine stalled: "Low oil pressure"

Did the OP finally solved the problem? He's not being here to report back
  3. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

I finally got a used engine from the USA, and did replaced it. I have this text displayed on the navigation system: SD card fault. What could this be, and is this something I can fix, or I got to take it to the dealership to ha e it checked? Thanks for your replies Dxta
  4. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

Its a ford explorer limited.
  5. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

I did get a sample from the engine oil filter I removed this morning. Looked so dark, with some filings in it. I plan to if possible, tear the engine apart, to inspect the crankshaft journal bearings and all that, to a certain extent of damage.
  6. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

Today, I brought out the oil filter to take a look at it. The oil looks dark like diesel engine oil, with some metal chippings in there. I also saw some brownish stuff, suggesting it might be some part of the timing chain guide, either from the previous job, or it just developed recently.
  7. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

Thanks for your replies@MLav5. Miles is about 115086. Yeah, over here, its sometimes difficult and expensive getting a new oil pump. Just like you said, the timing might have jumped and maybe caused the shavings I saw on the VCT solenoids. I've checked the timing on the camshafts on both banks...
  8. D

Hi guys

OK thanks
  9. D

Hi guys

Thanks a lot. I posted something about my ford explorer on the tips and technicians section, but can't seem to see it listed as part of the forum threads.
  10. D

Engine stalls at low rpm

Hi, everyone. I'm new here. I've got a 2011 V6, Ford explorer that has being giving me issues since last week. I bought the car used from a cousin of mine. Car was driven down to my destination working perfectly, only some few weeks after, to start here some knocking sound from the engine...
  11. D

Hi guys

Fellow explorer here. Glad to be in your forum.
Back