Recent content by Dylan Rodriguez | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Dylan Rodriguez

1. D

97 explorer 4.0l SOHC vac questions

I’ve tried searching and haven’t found a very direct answer...having the vents in the car switching from dash to defrost when getting on the gas. Can’t find a broken vac line or anything for the life of me. Does someone know a direct spot that is usually the culprit for this so I could look more...
  2. D

1999 explorer 4.0l SOHC having issues

I picked up a 99 SOHC Vin E (one with the weird tubular intake manifold) a few weeks ago. Thing ran fine for the most part, but found a grey vacuum line on passenger side by the washer fluid tank that had a screw in it to plug it. Found that the heater valve didn’t have any vac line to it so I...
  3. D

Aftermarket options for ‘00 Ranger fuel hanger assembly?

Things got a little crazy with this 5.0 ranger swap...thinking I’m going to need an aftermarket fuel hanger or at least hangar “hat” or whatever it’s called. I’ve seen options for various mustang years that have 8an/6an fittings native, but had never seen if any are compatible with the...
  4. D

'00 5.0 cam position sensor voltage questions (p0340)

Hey all. Went through and changed cam sensor and cap, changed crank sensor also, same code. Reset TPS to .78v and idle is better. Will usually stay running fine, sometimes needs a little help on first startup. Seems like problem occurs when decelerating, truck will have slight hiccup, drop rpm...
  5. D

I'll double check all of those. Problem hasn't come back in over a year but maybe I temporarily fixed it with the repeated relay switching. Haha. Got another cam synchro and sensor ordered. Will be here Thursday. Also when it was doing the relay clicking, the CEL was flashing in sync with the...
  6. D

I'm by no means ignoring suggestions, please don't think that. I stated that I was going to check the cam sychro with timing light with the cap off, just trying to further eliminate things on this circuit as well as trying that. Only reason I'm thinking ecu problem is I had an issue with my fuel...
  7. D

No sir. But the machine shop balanced the rotating assembly to my flex plate and balancer so if it were problematic I'm sure they would have let me know. Haven't noticed any vibrations or anything. I was going to order a new crank sensor just for kicks. Also a new sensor cap for the cam sensor...
  8. D

The sensor drive itself hasn't moved since it was installed in this engine so it's got about 1500 miles on the current setting as well, so physically it should still be set correctly unless something has let go somewhere in the drive. Still going to give it a test regardless of course
  9. D

I do have a light. I'll see if I can get it to idle long enough to get a good reading. That was my next course of action. Also, plugs have ~1500 miles on them. Haven't touched them since initial startup on this build. Too hard to get to #7 & #8 especially with these OBX headers. Will do that...
  10. D

O2 plug was bad. Changed it out and both banks reading proper now. Still p0340'ing though. I think I'm gonna have a sticker made up that says that. Lol.
  11. D

Also, it's still throwing the p0340 code so could that have something to do with the STFT bank1 reading .7?
  12. D

Tried raising idle to 900 @ park/neutral, still doesn't want to idle
  13. D

Seems fine when some throttle is applied, just won't idle. I did remove coil packs, so maybe I have one wired up incorrectly. But I doubt it based on how it's running. Would assume it'd run a lot worse if I had one misplaced
  14. D

Quick update, got the truck back together with new converter, fired it up, ran fine for a bit, shut it off, started it up abain and same thing. Surging then stalling unless throttle is applied. Tried raising the tune through the SCT device when I flash it, same thing. Now, also, STFT Bank 1 is...
  15. D

I'm wondering if it's something tune related also. Left dyno, we had just allowed closed loop again, and the code has progressively gotten noticeable. Went from a slight dead zone in deceleration where the engine would sound like it would miss/not fire then continue running fine. CEL wouldn't...
Back