Recent content by EAC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by EAC

1. E

Explorer 06 XLT Humming Noise underneath only when 4X4 active after Wheel skid.

Hi Michael, So finally i has the chance to find the problem. Since April came i just putted my Wheels summer season package and this last weekend unexpectely we had a severe Ice Storm here in Toronto. So, i wen out with the summer one which like i mentioned before all 4 tires are same condition...
  2. E

That's what had been driving me nuts since all this started last winter. Three of the Tires have the same threads worn out (I meant been in the Truck since I bought it in 2012) then i replaced of the 4 originally came with the Truck, one last winter when my Wife drove it flat. That's concerning...
  3. E

Hi Michael, so I did it and confirmed that while driving and the noise present ( 4x4 High engaged) depressing the 4x4 High and then 4x4 Auto the noise disappears and in fact you feel how the truck ride smother and no light vibration on gas pedal which is another sign that is present when the 4x4...
  4. E

Thank you Michael for the input. Now that you mentioned that about reseting the System, I'm not sure 100% if today when i went to the Shop and during the Troubleshooting by the Shop Guy while driving, i think i noticed some how one time he did that as you mention and the noise went away. But...
  5. E

So today i went to Mr Transmission Shop and we went in to the failure with the Diagnostic Tool hooked up when the Noise present. We couldn't get any fault Code neither the Transmission or the Transfer Case. He got the Wheel Speed Sensor speed with the tool but only for the Left Front and Left...
  6. E

Nope, no indicator for the 4x4 or Track Control blinking when this is happening.
  7. E

I want to thanks for the inputs on this matter first and sorry for the late replay. My Truck is V6 and now the question is: Let says is a mechanical issue as you refers on the Diff but, why when i shut-off the truck and on again the sound is not there anymore? So, correct me if I'm wrong then...
  8. E

In fact i have the Rear Right one different , same Brand, Model and Size, only the pattern a little different so i suspect maybe was this the issue and then last summer when i installed the summer set (all same brand, model and pattern and pretty good condition, less than 2000 kms already) I...
  9. E

What Light exactly? the 4x4? i never had that indicator lighting on when this happens, is only the humming noise and if you are asking about the Track Control Indicator, only light up sometime when slip but obviously this is normal when the wheels slip.
  10. E

In AUTO is how I'm driving all the Time. Like I said, this happens in AUTO or Manual. I tested selecting Manual since started happening and is how I confirmed even in AUTO or Manual happens. She only need a little skid of any Wheel and start noisy. As soon I turn off the Truck and back on even...
  11. E

Hi, My Explorer XLT with 171000 kms is making a loud humming Noise only when any Wheel skid. The sound is present no matter how long you drive unless you turn the Truck Off and On again, then the Sound disappeared if 4x4 Auto selected. If 4x4 HIGH and 4x4 LOW manually selected, the Noise is...
  12. E

Explorer XLT Humming Noise when 4x4 is fully active after Wheel skidding

Hi, My Explorer XLT with 171000 kms is making a loud humming Noise only when any Wheel skid. The sound is present no matter how long you drive unless you turn the Truck Off and On again, then the Sound disappeared if 4x4 Auto selected. If 4x4 HIGH and 4x4 LOW manually selected, the Noise is...
  13. E

ALPINE INE-W940 parking brake, foot brake wiring

Fixed Well problem solved. I quited trying to do it in the right way since I couldn't figure it out with the proper connections following the manual. I bought the PAC TR7, installed and everything working mint. My wife now know no way driving playing DVD'S.
  14. E

Thx for offer me help and in fact i know about the bypass, but honestly I prefer not to do it. The reason because sometime I share my truck with my wife and I don't want her get distracted from the road when driving and playing dvd's. Is just I'm doing the connections by the manual and taking...
  15. E

Hi gents This is my firts incursion in this forum and want to post this issue i'm getting with my explorer when I installed an Alpine double DIN in GPS receiver INE-W940. So far everything is working fine except for the DVD player which only play audio but no video. The audio setting menu is...
Back