Recent content by Eli 91 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Eli 91 XLT

1. E

Oil Pressure Dropping at High RPMS, meaning??

Thank you for correcting me. I feel like such a dork :) I knew mopar is for dodges. Now I understand the confusion. No wonder I got no responses :)
  2. E

Thanks for the response jim.. I meant motorcraft, no mopar. Any ideas on the droppping pressure? Thanks again!
  3. E

Been searching for the past 1/2 hr or so and learned about how crummy our oil pressure gauges are. Anyway, I just changed the oil and have noticed not difference, so here is my problem. When passing/accelerating and rpms get close to 4500 rpms & higher, the oil pressure drops down. Not...
  4. E

How to: A4LD transmission rebuild diary

Yeah baby, naked tranny exposed! :) This is greatly appreciated. My new manuals have made for some good reading, but a picture tells a thousand words. Your tranny looks way cleaner than mine. As soon as I remove it off the truck, I will start taking pictures to show you guys how bad it...
  5. E

How to: Ford A4LD transmission rebuild diary - How to rebuild Ford A4LD

Yeah baby, naked tranny exposed! :) This is greatly appreciated. My new manuals have made for some good reading, but a picture tells a thousand words. Your tranny looks way cleaner than mine. As soon as I remove it off the truck, I will start taking pictures to show you guys how bad it...
  6. E

Glacier, don't know if this will help some, but the following text is from an e-mail from txchange company. I asked them what was the differences in all these different kits, so here is the answer I got, as far as how they are supposed to be marketed: ----- Original Message ----- From...
  7. E

Glacier, don't know if this will help some, but the following text is from an e-mail from txchange company. I asked them what was the differences in all these different kits, so here is the answer I got, as far as how they are supposed to be marketed: ----- Original Message ----- From...
  8. E

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can borrow an engine stand, but don't mind spending 50 bucks for a new good tool. Side note: I don't believe I've heard anyone mention the ATSG manuals? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and have only peeked inside. So far I like what I see. I paide 30 bucks...
  9. E

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can borrow an engine stand, but don't mind spending 50 bucks for a new good tool. Side note: I don't believe I've heard anyone mention the ATSG manuals? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and have only peeked inside. So far I like what I see. I paide 30 bucks...
  10. E

Glacier, I'd be glad to give you a few pesos for a copy of that video. I also plan on donating to this site to help the cause :) My ?: Around how much does the tranny weight with all components inside?? Which way do you want to mount pointing up? Also, if you want Autocad dwgs. done for...
  11. E

Glacier, I'd be glad to give you a few pesos for a copy of that video. I also plan on donating to this site to help the cause :) My ?: Around how much does the tranny weight with all components inside?? Which way do you want to mount pointing up? Also, if you want Autocad dwgs. done for...
  12. E

Bronco II - worst car of all time?

Confused.. So is the BII a decent truck. Little things that break down I can fix. I have a '91 X with a broken tranny. My in-law wants 500 bones for his '87 5-spd BII. It's funny, cause he just paid like 250-300 bucks for new tires, so I figure it's an ok deal ;) What is it that is so...
  13. E

Pic of pan Opera, I'm cheap too, I think the HD torque converter will be the most expensive part or my rebuild. I have the manuals on the way to start reading. Opera, what does your tranny cooling system consist of? I'm definately adding a 2nd cooler. What went bad in your tranny...
  14. E

Pic of pan Opera, I'm cheap too, I think the HD torque converter will be the most expensive part or my rebuild. I have the manuals on the way to start reading. Opera, what does your tranny cooling system consist of? I'm definately adding a 2nd cooler. What went bad in your tranny...
  15. E

Thanks Steve for all your help. I have another request for info. It would be nice to know what sort of "working area" is needed. (ie, what size table, seperate cleaning table for cleaning? I don't have a work bench, but I have plenty of wood to make a heavy duty bench. Was thinking...
Back