Recent content by EMBPilot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by EMBPilot

1. E

Wanted 98-01 power leather gray front seats (both)

Looking to PICK UP leather gray power front bucket seats in good to great condition. im located in NJ, will drive.
  2. E

P0420 but replaced 02 sens2 40k ago?

well... the CEL stayed ON for a good few hundred miles... then, all by itself, without me doing anything, it went out, and has been out for at least 6000 miles. no clue what happened. I thought it may have had something to do with ambient temperatures but over the past several months its been...
  3. E

update... changed both bank 1 sensors, 200 miles later, CEL is back on. i guess its the cat after all... grrr
  4. E

just found another o2 sensor. So I'll do both since I have them. I have a hunch it may very well b the cat though since it's the factory one and the truck has 165k
  5. E

About 40K ago i replaced bank 1 #2 oxygen sensor (post cat pax side). All has been well until recently, i reset and got it again; a CEL for P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Since i just replaced that sensor 40k ago im not sure if i should: - replace it again - replace...
  6. E

Stiff Gas Pedal

I remove the rubber intake hose, hold the valve open with a finger and with a lint free rag that has a good amount of brake cleaner on it, clean the rim of the valve and where it seats around the inside of the TB.
  7. E

Thermostat Remove Replace 1998 5.0

yes you are correct. its bad in there. id suppose this is what may have also caused the radiator to fail 2 years ago. I need to get the system flushed, badly.
  8. E

Stiff Gas Pedal

I agree with Rollinstone, i tried all of the above (cable lubrication and pivot points) and still had the sticking gas pedal (from idle). When i discussed it with a service tech at ford he said to clean the intake where the butterfly valve seats (thin line), and clean the edges of the valve...
  9. E

Thermostat Remove Replace 1998 5.0

Just a quick post for the forums, I searched around last night about thermostat repair and didnt find much so i figured id put some info up. My Experience Level is Low to Medium at best. The job took me only 3 hours working at a snails pace. Symptoms: Engine temperature remained full...
  10. E

EGR Flow Insufficient P0401 - help -

well after the search it pretty much told me it was going to be one or a combo of three things - DPFE - EGR valve - EGR Solenoid I ordered a new EGR valve (28 bucks) and i installed a new DPFE (60). It gave me an excuse to buy a new 1/4 drive set, that spot back there is tight to get...
  11. E

EGR Flow Insufficient P0401 - help -

Hey guys, twice in one month... first the brakes now this. Ive noticed sometimes lately pushing the accelerator during the first drive of the morning the truck seems to surge a little bit, also while driving steady at say 30-40 mph (constant accelerator position) sometimes the truck will...
  12. E

no brake lights (all of them)

couldnt get the pin to budge to remove the switch, had to go to the dealer. dealer did it, replaced the switch, everything works now... 150 bones :(
  13. E

i'll take a crack at it, how do you get that switch off the bolt that goes through the brake pedal? i took out the yellow safety pin, but i cant budge that bolt? there is what looks like solder, or a blob of something metal that appears to be securing the bolt in. so im smacking the side i took...
  14. E

Hey guys wonder if anyone can point me in a direction here, im a little stumped. I checked all the brake lamp fuses (acutally just the brake pedal position fuses), and they checked fine on the meter. I did not check the lamp fuses cause all three lamps in the back are not coming on. could the...
  15. E

Radiator Removal Replace Reinstall 5.0

further looking at the truck i dont know why the factory service manual has you removing the fan to begin with?! it looks like i can take the fan shrowd and slide it back over the fan, and leave it there. and go about the radiator removal with the fan still installed?! it looks like there is...
Back