Recent content by Eric Z | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Eric Z

1. Eric Z

Exhaust replacement

Just had mine done on 2015 3.7L with 95k miles.... All done for free under warranty for FPIU With mine they did the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. While they were at it I had them replace the spark plugs as they were original.
  2. Eric Z

2019 Ford Police Interceptor roof mounts

Maybe consider covering with a "fake" antenna as there are many versions out there.
  3. Eric Z

One strip of the LED Tail Light is out

I had similar problem and found that when extra lights had been removed, there were holes left in the light housing. I dried the light out and flushed with contact cleaner, but issues persisted. Ended with getting a new light :(
  4. Eric Z

2016 PIU Back Doors won't unlock.

Also check that the lock connection is made. There is electrical connector under the driver's side carpet/door sill area that disables the rear locks. Do a search of this forum and you will find photos and more details.
  5. Eric Z

How can I tell what option/package my PIU has?

The "Ready for the Road" option direct from Ford, does have lots of items, so good to find if your's came with that option.
  6. Eric Z

Technical data of PIU 2015

Total is shown as 6,300 and if not mistaken the Gross Axle Weight Ratings (GAWR) are listed as 3,200 front and 3,350 rear.
  7. Eric Z

Interceptor with Limited Trim or something else?

Like what Matt says on the structural.... There is a large brace in front of the spare tire (hard to miss) and it would be hard to believe a true Interceptor could/would be built without that. Of course it could have been removed, but you would still see all the mounting holes.
  8. Eric Z

PTU fluid exchange problem/question

I am not sure my 2015 has the "sensor" you refer to, but.... Given the Vent tube you are filling from, is just that a vent, why not fill it as much as possible?? The only downside I had from this method was that some "burped" out after coming up to temp and I had to clean that up.
  9. Eric Z

Rear Cargo Compartment

I don't know, but the plywood looks ok to me. Add some indoor/outdoor carpet and a couple of handles towards the rear with proper support underneath and you are as good as OEM.
  10. Eric Z

HVAC fan quit

I know this may seem silly, but maybe check the fuse..... I can think of a couple reasons they might have pulled fuse for the update..
  11. Eric Z

Key security features preventing start up

Maybe start looking at fuses as well. Sometimes when taken out of service, wires are just cut, but left un-insulated/isolated.
  12. Eric Z

Are these factory lights in the rear hatch?

I believe part of Ford's "Ready for the Road" package.
  13. Eric Z

No low coolant warning message or light?

Had a low coolant level on mine, turned out to be leaky heater core and a royal pain to replace :(
  14. Eric Z

Radio reception question

So may not apply to yours as up fitters seem to do their own things, but.... I have 2 dummy shark fins, just covering up old holes in roof and only the small coil antenna as only working one. Several antenna type wires disconnected in dash and under console, so check and trace that you...
  15. Eric Z

Water and Oil don't mix

You are correct Peter, work was done without radiator replacement, just lots of flushing and some Dawn dish soap. All seems fine and my only follow-up would be.... The A/C stopped working and I suspected it might be related to all the prior work, so took it back to the shop and they found an...
Back