Recent content by Exit32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Exit32

1. Exit32

2025 Lincoln Aviator Production Also Kicks Off This May

I considered ordering a 2025 Aviator Reserve to replace my 2022 model but upon studying the 2025 Order Guide, I determined that I would miss my hands-free liftgate and heated rear seats. Content goes down as the cost goes up!
  2. Exit32

Problem with rear license plate bracket

Here you go: Nylon inserts Plate frame
  3. Exit32

Liftgate randomly opens when doors are closed

My wife's new 2023 Lincoln Corsair Reserve is definitely equipped with a foot-activated liftgate. We ordered this vehicle in September, 2022 and it was delivered in May, 2023. The only item deleted by the factory was the audio system's subwoofer and a $250 credit was issued for that.
  4. Exit32

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

My 2022 Aviator's AM radio is not perfect, but it's definitely better than the AM radio was in my 2020 Explorer. When listening to an AM radio station, the Explorer generated rhythmic/pulsating static loud enough to overwhelm the radio program and render it unlistenable. With the 2022 Aviator...
  5. Exit32

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

Since I started this thread, I've traded my 2020 Explorer Platinum toward the purchase of a 2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve. Also, the local oldies AM radio station has transitioned to a country/western format, and I no longer have a reason to listen to AM radio. That said, you'll be pleased to...
  6. Exit32

Ford 2022 XLT Grille replacement

Looks like a plastic rivet -- similar to the rivets Ford uses to affix the front license-plate bracket to the front bumper. If that's what I think it is and you want to remove it, use an 1/8" drill bit to drill-out the center stem. Then you can pull out the larger button with the remaining part...
  7. Exit32

2021 Timberline

Speaking of blue Ford ovals, when the Platinum trim-level Explorer was introduced for the 2016 model year, the steering wheel was adorned with a platinum-colored Ford oval. At the time, this was only deviation from the corporate-standard blue oval allowed by Ford. I don't know if this is still...
  8. Exit32

Calling all MY2021 MY2022 Explorer ST, Platinum, King Ranch and Aviators: rear subframe poll

Just looked at my 2022 Aviator. It has the two-bolt rear subframe. My Aviator was built on 9/18/2021.
  9. Exit32

No Sound Screen Acoustic Glass?

You are correct, Peter. For 2022 models, the Head-Up Display is included with option 201A (Reserve), option 301A (Grand Touring), and all Black Label trim levels.
  10. Exit32

Other than the base-model Aviator, all other Aviator models are equipped with a Head-up Display that projects time, speed, navigation, and other info onto the inside surface of the windshield. This functionality requires a special reflective coating to be applied to the windshield. Thus, Aviator...
  11. Exit32

The 2022 Aviator Order Guide specifies Acoustic Glass as standard equipment for the front-row side windows on all Aviators, but no mention of the windshield. FWIW, I looked closely at the front side-window glass and the windshield on my 2022 Aviator and didn't see any mention of Acoustic Glass...
  12. Exit32

MY 22 Blue Stone Color

My 2022 Lincoln Aviator is color code C8, and that's the code for both the order and the vehicle color. For Lincoln, it's called Flight Blue, and it's darker and more metallic than the purply-blue color of the Explorer in Peter's photo. It's an an extra-cost color, and I paid $695 for the Flight...
  13. Exit32

My 2022 Aviator order status and timeline

I checked the Lincoln order tracking website as soon as I got home from checking out the new Aviator at my dealership on 10/4, and the status had changed to "Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days." I'm sure I had checked status earlier that...
  14. Exit32

My 2022 Aviator order status and timeline

Update: My 2022 Aviator arrived at my dealership yesterday (10/4). After dealer prep, I plan to take delivery tomorrow (10/6). The Lincoln Order Tracking System milestone dates also updated upon arrival of Aviator. Here's what it says now: Order Confirmed: 3/30/201 In Production: 9/9/2021...
Back