Recent content by Explorer23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Explorer23

1. Explorer23

Completed Project TTB Terror build

Here we are a little over a year and a half later and it will be on it's way home soon. I know forums are a dying breed but its nice to have someplace off F***Book to show progress. While it was away it was discovered that my running issues were due to the wrong fuel pump being used and possibly...
  2. Explorer23

5x5.5 Both axles are 85 full size Bronco if that matters.
  3. Explorer23

That works for me! Heck finish my truck and my build thread, who’d a thunk it haha. :dpchug:
  4. Explorer23

Things are looking pretty good at this point. That last group of pictures was from late November so we’re moving right along. I got as much done as I could before sending it off to “the shop” as I’ve been calling it. Well, I got in contact with Nice59FordF100 and Kris Guilbeaux of Bandit...
  5. Explorer23

Here it is in all its glory, fenders are more attached than ever. The hood still isn’t attached and I was more worried about sticking as many lights on as possible so the shop would know what’s going where. I normally HATE LEDs but since they draw so little and are easy to come by they...
  6. Explorer23

One of the last things I got around to was door skins, just the basics. Instead of rivets I used rivnuts and hex head cap screws. The idea is to keep these skins easily removable for speaker wiring and door popper installation. I flubed some of the holes so now I have the task of covering my...
  7. Explorer23

I wanted to get the sway bar installed before a shop got it but it didn’t happen. I did start on it though. I wasn’t sure how in the heck this was going to work but realized there was just enough room between the body and frame to stick the 2” DOM in there. With the torsion spring places there...
  8. Explorer23

Glad you brought that up. My upper link is starting to hit the floor right around there. I don’t have the driveline installed but it may also hit on my link cross member and may need attention down the road. As far as the springs go you may be right I got told 5/600 as a guess but I found a...
  9. Explorer23

The winch sat crooked in its holder since day one and it was driving me crazy. On top of that it was a pain to use the locking hitch pin since it sat so low and close to the wheel well. Fixed it and now it looks much cleaner.
  10. Explorer23

I got the CB installed I made one of my few impulsive decisions and bought a drift brake. It was something I’ve wanted for a long time and hey it’s not that expensive. I thought about locking up the rear in 4x4 and then powering out of it like a rally car... SO COOL!!! :burnout: It wasn’t...
  11. Explorer23

Just some pictures of it in the truck. Side panels on, and bolted to the cage.
  12. Explorer23

Now I needed to at least get everything aftermarket in its place so when the shop does look at it I can explain my needs and they can connect whatever dots I wasn’t going to be able to get to. Probably the biggest chuck of my time was spent here on the interior. I’m not picky about much, but...
  13. Explorer23

I didn’t get many pictures during the process but I started installing my lexan windows at this point. I went with Optic Armor which is expensive but it is specifically designed with automotive applications in mind. From what I can tell the stuff is great. Small scratches you would get with...
  14. Explorer23

Up to this point in the build I have hardly talked about my engine, it’s installed, the gas tank is installed, battery... partially installed at this point so what gives? I couldn’t get it running to save my life, I had thrown way too much time and money at it chasing issues to no avail. I was...
  15. Explorer23

I didn’t take many close ups of the tire carrier during the building process but it was pretty simple. Firstly, I fully boxed my frame with the bumper mounts, my biggest worry is hanging that much weight off the back of the frame with no support. Then for the actual carrier I used 8 of these...
Back