Recent content by Explorer75 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Explorer75

1. E

Transmission fluid change

That is exaclty what I did but with half the mileage. At this point I suggest to the OP do a 1 drain and refill (4.5 qts) every other engine oil change at the soonest. At this point ther's a lot of clutch material in the fluid that is actually helping that's why I would go against a full flush...
  2. E

Blown Ignition Fuse Every time it Rains Heavy

I´m not an expert but my best guess is: red wire that goes from the fuse box to the starter (+) white wire with a green strip is not connected (- or ground) you need to check the schematics to re-connect it. My guess is that the starter is getting the ground (very bad ground source) from the...
  3. E

Quiet Exhaust

Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
  4. E

Quiet Exhaust

Maybe a dumb question, did you ask the previous owner if he still has the OEM exhaust? Is the truck tuned? Maybe you need to de-tune it (go back to stock) or re-tune it before you take off the actual exhaust.
  5. E

Blown Ignition Fuse Every time it Rains Heavy

I would check the starter ground or the starter load. With heavy rain I would guess the bottom of the engine bay and the parts near the grille would get wet.
  6. E

Reading hot while driving temp goes down at idle

Yes but in his first post he states is an Ecoboost I4
  7. E

I was thinking more of a bad head gasket (I hope not, really), I believe the water pump in the 2.3 is a normal, external one belt driven. Not like the 3.5 and 3.7.
  8. E

Pending codes on my 2013 XLT

It seem this codes are like ghost codes or bugs, looking at Ford Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis there are several Bulletins, they point out to perform module firmware updates or calibrations, the bulletins state that no repairs are needed if there´s no an actual...
  9. E

Thanks Peter, last night I was replying from my cel and with chrome it doesn´t show that info.
  10. E

'13 Limited 3.5L NA loss of power

It could be the transmision, before you do anything check the fluid level.
  11. E

Truck's year? Check the basics, coolant level, correct cooling fan function. Check oil in the dipstick if it'normal or milk shake color. Check accesories belt tension Any stored code.
  12. E

Pending codes on my 2013 XLT

Every once in a while I do a scan with Forscan and I find 2 pending codes: 1. ABS Module: U0452:68-AB "Invalid Data Received from Restraint Control Module" 2. RCM or Restraint Control Module: U3000:49-0B "Control Module Internal Electronic Failure" Codes are pending, Check Engine light or any...
  13. E

Well it finally happened

I would check the 3.7 from an interceptor, someone in this forum did the upgrade, there are a few things to consider but could be an easy swap.
  14. E

15-16 MPG? Is something wrong?

On the highway I get at least 24 mpgs (as much as 27) with my 13 XLT, stock rims, 33 psi. I try to drive at speed limit, not over. If you look at the rpms you shouldn't go past 2k at 6th gear, anything above 2k your mpg will drop exponentially. I also replace spark plugs with OEM ones well...
Back