Recent content by Explorer_Guru | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Explorer_Guru

1. E

Best way to lower my explorer

yeah you got it. and no you don't want or need to replace the springs.
  2. E

the 89-97 Ranger beams and the 91-94 beams are not exactly the same. that's why AIM/ChassisTech makes one set for Rangers and one set for Explorers.
  3. E

well first a couple of words to the wise... they don't make lowering spindles for Explorers Eibach hasn't made those lowering springs for like 5 years now unless you're a hillbilly you don't ever want to cut or heat up your springs as a method of lowering your vehicle. it's unsafe and can...
  4. E

Change in camber from lowering about 1.5"

That's not necessarily true, there could have been enough adjustment in the suspension to compensate for the drop in ride height and align it to spec. You just need to be a little more involved in the process. When I had my Explorer I used to take it to NTB and I would go out and talk to the guy...
  5. E

coil-over suspension for 02-up Explorers finally released

I just wanted to let everyone know that the coil-over suspension system for the 02-up guys has finally been released after years of waiting. It's made by KW Suspension and distributed through BellTech (KW owns BellTech). It's adjustable from 0 to 2.75 inches and the part # 21012. You can find it...
  6. E

Options for a 2/3 drop?

Chassis Tech arms - don't do it DJM Ranger arms - i wish that would work but it can't. assuming that they would bolt right up (which is assuming alot) you would still have to fabricate the upper coil and shock mounts. not to mention i seriously doubt the DJM lower arm is designed to handle...
  7. E

Lowering '07 Ranger

i'm not sure. the application guides for the various mfgs. stop at 2005 and i'm not sure if they have changed anything in the suspension since then. best bet is to call DJM 800-237-6748
  8. E

beam question

it can be done and there are those who have done it but like you mentioned i don't think it's wise to put that kind of time, effort and money into your old school X which has little to no value at this point. i would save up and put that money down on something new if i were you. just my opinion.
  9. E

Air Bag Pictures please

that front bumper or bumper cover whatever the case is pretty wicked. did you fabricate that yourself ?
  10. E

lowering my 93

no it's the same part # 4794 either way
  11. E

lowering my 93

you would think 2/3 would be level on a 4 door but i think you'll find that you'll be too low in the rear and not low enough in front. stick with the 2/2. hell you may only get 1.5 inches out of those coils, sometimes it varys a little bit. the camber/caster bushings you can get from...
  12. E

lowering my 93

http://www.performancecenter.com/autoparts/belltech/bel4794.html http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/bel4794.html a 2/2 would be more level on a 4 door
  13. E

lowering my 93

you got it. I would go with BellTech coils and blocks. those will be the highest quality and most readily available. Summit Racing or Jegs will probably have the cheapest price but shop around, just about any place carrys BellTech products.
  14. E

lowering my 93

you're only going to be able to go 2 inches up front with some coils so you'll only want to go with 1 or 2 inch blocks in the rear otherwise it will look goofy.
Back