Recent content by ExplorerDMB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ExplorerDMB

1. E

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

very impressive work! Great job
  2. E

New Member - 2005 Explorer vibration.

Welcome to the site. The noise up front could be a possible bad ball joint or tie-rod end. The vibration is a strange one. A little more explanation of the vibration would be great...do you possible mean miss fire?
  3. E

Alignment 101 - Now With Pictures

No, it can not. It is a solid axle without any type of adjustment.
  4. E

ABS System Basics

The situation your describing is very close to a bad wheel speed sensor. Did you ever have anyone scan it and give you codes?
  5. E

FROADER's 2005 F-150 FX4

Well, I do have some bad news for you though. I do not know if it started with the 2005 5.4L's or not, but as soon as you can before too many miles get on it - change your plugs! If you do, be very very careful. They have problems with the plugs seizing in the heads and breaking off when you...
  6. E

what tire pressure should I use for oversize tires?

I keep my 33's around 32psi -Drew
  7. E

U-Joint Life?

I've seen u-joints last 150K plus....but I've seen some destroy in couple thousand miles. It is all depending on how much angle and torture they go through. 10K is def young. Are you greasing the joints up after you install them? they come pre-lubed, but def not enough! Spicers are great to...
  8. E

Tire Pair Question

you should be ok
  9. E

replacement stock rims

check eBay out for the wheels or local junkyards. There may also be some on here. You shouldn't have to regear -Drew
  10. E

Trustworthy?

Jasper Remans are good! :thumbsup:
  11. E

Puddle lamps and interior lights staying on

hook up a scanner and monitor the GEM module PIDs and you'll see whats going on. It might point you in a direction -Drew
  12. E

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

it should die when you unplug the IAC. However, if you raise the RPMS up (around a 1000rpm) you can then unplug it and then bring the idle back down and it should stay running -Drew
  13. E

1988 Ranger Tune-up Trouble

this might help: http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0f/87/f8/0900823d800f87f8/repairInfoPages.htm
  14. E

2008 6.4L Super Duty Recall (37,000)

surprised this hasn't had any comments
  15. E

2008 6.4L Super Duty Recall (37,000)

Exactly what Ford needs right now.... http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/03/ford_tailpipe_fires.html here's a neat video: That's fuel knock that your hearing from the injector leaking down. Not good! -Drew
Back