Recent content by ExpXLT07 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ExpXLT07

1. E

Power Running Board Removal

It’s sitting at 275,000mi right now, so honestly I’m happy with how it looks as is for that mileage. It isn’t the prettiest one out there but for it’s mileage it’s held up extremely well.
  2. E

I just took another look, and yeah that’d be about it. I didn’t realize the bolts by the motors were the only thing holding it up since the side that fell off is so rusty and “incorrect” looking it made it look a lot more complicated than it is
  3. E

Hey everyone, I have an 08 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with power running boards. They don’t work anymore, and due to rust on the drivers side the driver side has fallen off entirely, leaving behind only the mount and the motor. (Attached image for clarity) Since it’s rust related I can’t replace...
  4. E

Sirius XM Install

I have the stock radio, single CD non-audiophile system in my 07 Ex, with no satellite radio. Would installing the module for it be a hassle to do for it to work through the controls of my stock head unit? As far as I knew, they were XM ready. Has anyone done this or know if its possible to do?
  5. E

Automatic Headlight Conversion

I am getting very mixed results on the topic so I figured I would post a thread before I made any purchases. I have an '07 Explorer XLT without automatic headlights, but I do have the sunload sensor on the dashboard. The fog lights turn on with the key fob in the night time and stay off in the...
  6. E

3rd Row Seating

I plan to install the seats from ones I found on car-part.com at some point when the weather gets nicer, I will post the results and a list of all the parts needed
  7. E

3rd Row Seating

I am looking to install 3rd row seats into my 07 Explorer XLT. However, there isn't many scrapyards near me and the only one that has an Explorer of the 06-10 year range is about 3 hours away. Any ideas on where I can find the seats, trim pieces, seatbelts, etc?
  8. E

Fog Lamp Clips

I just replaced the fog lamp on my 2007 Explorer XLT and I had misread the instructions and accidentally broke the clip that holds my bulb into the socket. It holds up fine now and takes pressure to remove, but will it come off on bumpy roads or cause issue? Or will it cost a lot for me to...
Back