Recent content by falconater | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by falconater

1. F

Drivers side motor mount

This is a parts Merc, not worth the trouble. I will follow your advise once the time comes for a rebuild on my daily. Thanks again.
  2. F

Drivers side motor mount

For real? They didnt make it easy. Think I'll torch the heads...thanks.
  3. F

Drivers side motor mount

How and the heck would one get to the drivers 5.0 motor mount? Even if I used 12 extensions and swivels I dont see it happening. Its ready to come out besides this little snag. Any ideas?
  4. F

Dead Horse.

Ok. Thanks, I'll pull it back a bit before alignment.
  5. F

Dead Horse.

It's been asked I'm sure but the pages on TT are endless. Question: I replaced most everything in my frontend. Decided to twist it to even things up (shackles out back). Anyways, I'm just curious how long it normally takes for the front to settle down or if I over did it? I went a bit over to...
  6. F

Where to buy motorcraft timing set for 4.0 sohc?

Hi. Where the heck do you buy motorcraft timing sets for these things? Is their a comparable set by now? I've read the Chinese horror stories. The 4.0 i'm swapping in isn't noisey but while its out I figured I'd change chains etc.
  7. F

How to: 98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

I just want to say thanks and good work. I've always kicked this around but with this there is no reason not to.
  8. F

200,00 miles on 99 explorer

I've had the heads off my 2001 5.0 with 189,000 miles. You could still see cross hatching in the cylinders, good purchase.
  9. F

Opinions on an idea

I was thinking more like this but with 2 1/2 or 3 inch tubing. There is roughly 4 inches of clearance between head and shaft. Down pipes would be redone as well. It would atleast eliminate the crappy crimped tubing of the factory 'headers'. I deleted my last post...Figured out the pic process.
  10. F

Opinions on an idea

Question. I thought about making a set of log type headers that you see on hotrods and turbo cars (flange into a cylinder) for my mountaineer, since clearance is a issue. Then again would they flow any better than the stock ones? I'd think anything would. I forgot how to post pics.
  11. F

4406 shifter boot

Well that looks really good, I wonder what I was doing wrong. It was really cold when I was dicking with it, maybe it was stiff. I give it another go. Thanks
  12. F

4406 shifter boot

Hi, instead of jumping on a old thread i'll start new. Anywords, my 4406 swap has been complete for some time (6 months) and i'm happy....but Ive been running without a boot, the factory truck one just isnt right. What did you guys do?
  13. F

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

All that aside I see they are back on the block, any other updates? Is anyone happy? All the weld crack pics I seen were pretty old, alot can happen in ten years.
  14. F

I've emailed 3 different sellers on ebay..all say another 4-8 weeks. Wouldn't hold our breath.
  15. F

Have you had a close look at your manifolds? I don't recommend it, I can't believe that they run well as they do...mines torn down to the shortblock right now, I don't really want to do it again anytime soon. Now that there's "room" I may fiddle with foxbody headers I have, i'm sure it's been...
Back