Recent content by Fentress24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Fentress24

1. F

2016 Sport Steering Issues

sorry, never came back and updated my post. Took it to a family mechanic that we trust and he said it was a bad lower control arm. Fixed and out the door for less than $200.
  2. F

How long will it last?

haha I am with you ExPlat. I bought my 16 Sport with the intention of driving it until it dies. Now 3 years and 64k miles into it, I feel like it could have a significant failure at any moment. I've had numerous trips to the dealer for small issues, but its the transmission failure and leaking...
  3. F

Peter, that is what it feels like. Feels like the truck is compensating for torque steer when it actually isn't getting any. I am going to make an appointment to get it to Ford soon. It's such a pain to drop it off and leave it with them. Of course I am just outside of my warranty. I will...
  4. F

I can get the most slide out of it during the 2/3 shift at like quarter to half throttle. Truck has never done this until recently.
  5. F

2016 Sport is having a steering issue and I wanted to see if anyone on here has had a similar experience prior to taking it to the dealer. I'll do my best to explain what is happening: When under partial acceleration the truck seems to be wandering to the right. It is not torque steer, I am...
  6. F

Transmission slams into gear so hard that it feels like I just got rear ended

Mine does the same. Really notice it when I am stuck in slow traffic. 5-10mph stop and go. Seems like it holds 1st, then wham it slams into 2nd. I already had a transmission failure at 16k miles. They rebuilt the tranny and it still sucks in my mind. Even went with a Livernois tuner, which did...
  7. F

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Road Trip...I'll bring the beer! I'm going to try and find some time to play around in the spring once it warms back up. Haha I've driven almost that far once in my life and I promised myself never again. They make planes for a reason.
  8. F

I really like the carbon fiber wrap on the window trim and the back corner pillars. Might look into doing this eventually.
  9. F

Question on tune supporting mods

I was told the 16's and 17's already have the correct spark plugs and they don't need to be changed. I have the LMS 93 3bar tune on my 2016 Sport with stock plugs and have zero issues.
  10. F

Livernois tune experience

I got my Livernois tuner and 3bar a little over a week ago. Very happy with the results. After I plugged in the MyCal and sent them the necessary information I had my tune back in under 48 hours. Install was very simple. I am running the 93 Performance 3bar soft shift tune and I am very happy...
  11. F

Transmission issues

I had a complete Transmission failure at 16k miles on my 2016 Sport. Prior to the failure I was getting hesitating shifts and free revving. It would go to downshift but just rev and not actually kick down into gear. The failure happened while merging onto the highway in 3rd gear. Stepped on...
  12. F

Which Tune To Go With?

I run the Livernois 93 tune on my truck. Installed it about a week ago and have been very happy. Install was easy and the tune turns the truck into a completely different monster. I went with Livernois due to ease of install, quality of customer service, and tons of good reviews on here. You...
  13. F

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

I just put Michelin Premier LTX's on my 2016 Sport on Saturday. Went 265/50/20 and I am super happy with the look and ride so far.
  14. F

Got my Tunes from Livernois on Friday and installed the 3 Bar and Tune Saturday morning prior to dropping the truck off at Mr. Tire for some new rubber. Put on Michelin Premier LTX 265/50/20. Haven't had too much time to play with it yet, but I absolutely love the tune. Besides the obvious...
  15. F

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Livernois tuner and 3bar MAP. Excited for it to get here!
Back