Recent content by festiboi | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by festiboi

1. F

Radio that is compatible with JBL system?

Does anyone know the part number for the JBL Cassette stereo? I think I may have found one on Ebay. Part number on that one is: F2LF-19B165-AA...
  2. F

Radio that is compatible with JBL system?

Hey folks, My 1992 Explorer's radio has been out of service for six + years and I'm ready to finally have some music. The cassette player locked up, along with a burning smell, and the radio has never turned on since I want to keep the look of the dash original and don't want a modern...
  3. F

What replacement radio will fit my '92 Explorer with the JBL system?

Hey folks The stock cassette radio from my '92 Explorer went out back in 2016. I've been driving the car in complete silence....for.....five......years. I've kept hearing that the wiring is different for mine, equipped with the JBL system, and that the regular Explorer radios aren't...
  4. F

Where to find an air intake hose?

It was $157 plus tax and shipping for a total of $180. That was from mazda-parts.com, which is based out of a Mazda dealer in LA. Ironically, the local dealerships were quoting $220 if I ordered it at the counter
  5. F

I did order the part from Mazda and it's a perfect fit. The part even has the Ford logo underneath. Good to know that for parts that Ford doesn't stock anymore, Mazda seems to have a much better inventory
  6. F

Vibration at idle and rough start. Possible causes?

Oh, they're gonna love that news! But it's their doing though. Here's a typical startup in the morning now:
  7. F

So here's another idea! There seems to be a few of these floating around for the Mazda B-Series trucks with the 4.0, and according to Mazda, they will fit a Navajo with a 4.0. Which would then likely fit an Explorer with the 4.0???? Sounds logical, or completely crazy? Here is Mazda's chart...
  8. F

My Explorer Made it to YouTube!

Hey folks, I had the pleasure of having Ethan Tufts, from Open Road, do a review on my 1992 Ford Explorer last month. If you're not familiar with him, he loves oddball 80's and 90's cars, and has quite the collection himself. An Explorer isn't a rarity in itself. But mine being so clean with...
  9. F

It is highway robbery! I thought it was a typo and they misplaced the decimal point. It's an obnoxious price for a piece of plastic, and worth more than the entire car!
  10. F

Thank you so much! I'll send an email shortly!
  11. F

Hey Gadget! Great suggestion and I had forgotten about Partsgeek. $190 is a lot better than $3k! But.......even though it's listed, the part is out of stock 😭. No bueno!
  12. F

Vibration at idle and rough start. Possible causes?

Hey folks, My 1992 Explorer with only 70k miles has developed a bit of a vibration at idle and does sputter upon starting if it's been sitting for more than a day. The truck did just have new lower intake and valve cover gaskets installed by a mechanic right after these issues appeared, so I do...
  13. F

Hey guys, I cannot find an air intake hose at all for my 1992 Ford Explorer. There's a leak and it does need replacing with the rubber becoming non-pliable and cracked. I've looked online on Ebay, Amazon, and RockAuto among others, checked with Pep Boys, and even the Ford dealer. But no...
  14. F

Valve Cover and Lower Intake Oil Leaks- 1992 Ford Explorer

The parts are easier to source than my usual mechanic stated and it seems like a time consuming job, but not impossible. The Ford dealer's estimate of 3-4 weeks seemed absurd, but who am I to judge? :dunno: Thank you for backing me up on my suspicions
  15. F

Valve Cover and Lower Intake Oil Leaks- 1992 Ford Explorer

Ha! That's hilarious! He's a good mechanic, but when it's anything obscure or older, there always seems to be an excuse that doesn't add up. I think he's hoping that I'd just buy a newer Camry or Malibu that's easy to source parts and more modern. It's a very slow oil leak and even after a...
Back