Recent content by Floordford | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Floordford

1. F

A/C electronics diagnostic, help

So I found my problem. It wasn't any kind of equipment failure. On my last camping trip something must have gotten in my engine compartment and gnawed through the two wires that go to the sensor on the drier. I found this out as I was about to unplug it and jump the wires. It wasn't readily...
  2. F

Unless a blend door can cause the compressor to engage im not going to fix it at this time. Itd be like fixing a scratched rim before a flat tire. It is a concern ill deal with in the near future just not now. Thank you for the step by step run down though.
  3. F

I did the self diag. test and it read 22 67. And from the research I gathered that is a fault or failure of the passenger side blend door. Ever since day one with this truck though its passenger side vents havent immediately put out the temp I change it to. If its cold and I need heat the...
  4. F

I did scan it with my SCT handheld tuner. No codes at all I did "try" to add with an AutoZone all in one can. The gauge read 100psi from the low side. If the compressor isnt running the high and low side will be the same. I do follow Makuloco and watched that video before I even posted the...
  5. F

I havent added pressure to the system. I swapped the working fog lights relay for the A/C clutch. The fog lights lit up with the A/C relay. So, relays good. Underhood fuses are good. Compressor is still plugged in. It is the dual automatic, digital style.
  6. F

Up until recently my A/C worked perfect. Not even a hint of problems (aside from the common blend door thing). Then one day the A/C compressor would not engage. The AC light on the controls lights up and im getting fan but no compressor engagement. Ive checked the neutral pressure from the low...
  7. F

06-10 4.6 upper air intake box w/o MAF

Still looking. Im sure someone has done a K&N upgrade and has a stock intake box laying around.
  8. F

new to me 2007 V8 4X4 Limited

Radiator failure is common. Also our radiators are 20lb systems. A cheap one will fail quickly at that pressure. Most other cars run 14lbs. if im not mistaken.
  9. F

07 explorer 4.6l v8 bolt ons

Guess it really depends on your budget. A hand held tuner, cat back exhaust and K&N intake are fairly common mods. After that possibly a gear change, throttle body and intake runner control delete. If you really want to go big they used to make a supercharger for it. Past that, look into the...
  10. F

Current good shops selling tuners; 4.6 3V

Went to the FB page and their own web page and didnt see any way to contact them. Id like to shoot them an email
  11. F

Current good shops selling tuners; 4.6 3V

I keep running into old threads that aren't helpful. Who are the current shops that sell tuners with tunes for our 3v 4.6s? Id like to also know which tuner has the ability to shut off the intake butterflies?
  12. F

Electric Fan Conversion - 2008 Sport Trac

It'd be nice to know what to do with the electrical connector to the factory fan. Seems like there could be a way to integrate that over to the electric fan.
  13. F

First Gen ST owner considering upgrading....

I had at one time wanted to get the diff units out of a 4.0 and drop them into my 4.6 chassis but was unsure about fitment. plus I do more highway so I can live with my 3.55s for now. On transfer cases, no clue. Keep digging im sure youll find the answers you want. I replaned my exhaust...
  14. F

First Gen ST owner considering upgrading....

lots of questions. ill go in order. 3.55s with the 4.6 and 3.73s with 4.0s Not sure of options Itll help. speedo being wrong will be an issue to consider whatever you do Not sure what you are looking as an answer. Dont touch it and its in auto. like traction control it will automatically kick...
  15. F

Wtb: 18" Sport Trac Wheels

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/2662/aly3653-ford-explorer-sport-trac-wheel-silver-machined-7a2z1007a.html The one that you posted has 10 spokes but looks like 5 Vs. I have them on mine.
Back