Recent content by FORD SUV GUY | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by FORD SUV GUY

1. F

Hazards works but turn signal doesn't

Hmmm, that makes things a bit more difficult, n a bit of a bummer huh? I guess from here assuming all the fuses are good then I would get myself a muli-meter and a good wire diagram for your year explorer and start chasing wires and all connectors hopefully pinpointing the fault. I would say the...
  2. F

Hazards works but turn signal doesn't

Change the flasher under the instrument panel near the steering column. Doing so will most likely cure your problem.
  3. F

5.0L Another broken plug NIGHTMARE..

Thank God the trk is fixed! Despite working outside in full blizzard conditions courtesy of the nor-easter that blew thru Northern Vermont fri. & sat., dumping close to 2' of snow! For the next poor S.O.B that goes thru this nightmare heres how I choose to tackel my broken plug. I heated the...
  4. F

Thanks for the quick reply turdle I appreciate it. I too suspected compressed air would get me out of this mess, but wanted a 2nd opinion to confirm my suspicions. You told me EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! A rarity in my life..
  5. F

So today I decided to change my oil, plugs and do a basic tune up. The first 6 spark plugs on my 2000 5.0L explorer came out w/o any issues. The 7th plug to be changed located in the no.1 cylinder NOT SO MUCH... It broke off flush, just leaving the steel jacket and threads in the cylinder...
  6. F

07 V8 Rear Engine Tick... Solution?

Are you 100 percent sure its the manifold leaking? I only ask because I own a 2000 5.0L and it to has this slight "tick". Mine however(and from what Ive read here, many others)is actually coming from the EGR tube. Which mounts into the pass.side manifold near the fire wall and connects to your...
  7. F

problem after problem

I would start by testing the oil pressure indicator sending unit to verify proper function. If you search the forum you will find the procedure for doing so if your uncertain on how.
  8. F

05 ranger 3.0 into a first gen X

Go for it! I wish I had the time/resources to attempt simular mod's. IMO it sounds like all the variables(totaled "05" 3.0L+trans sitting in the driveway)weight in favor of this particular build. Good luck man, keep us updated if this build happens and of course post LOTS OF PHOTO'S! :)
  9. F

Rear end noise?

I personally was not trying to be CONDESCENDING in my question(possibly unlike others answers) but was simply "asking a question". I was woundering what the advantages are for using the and justifying its purchase. We do not all work for ford w/access to all the factory toys(I mean tools)or have...
  10. F

AWD to 4WD conversion

IDK why you couldn't use an electric shift if you can make it work, but doesent (n correct me if Im wrong) the manual t-case shifter come thru the side of the center hump and not the middle? There for not disturbing your factory located electronics once the conversion is complete and the...
  11. F

Rear end noise?

Its my understanding that the Ford pinion depth tool is simply a gauge? Meaning it gets you close but not necessarily the correct depth. Wouldn't measuring the original pinion shim thickness and matching that for your initial pinion depth setting get you approximately as close as the super...
  12. F

AWD to 4WD conversion

Have you tried doing a search on "AWD TO 4X4 conversion in the modified "96-01 explorer forum? It has been done and you will find "stickies" at the top of the page and lots of other informative/how to threads there...
  13. F

Spark plug spinning

WoW, no kidding huh. Thanks for posting that as I did not know that myself and living in the "salt country" I tend to put anti-seize on just about EVERYTHING! :)
  14. F

Fuel Pump Repair

Thats it in a nutshell, YUP! There is in inertia switch inside the passanger compartment on the uppeer rt corner of pass.side foot well under the carpet. Even tho your pump is "dead" I RECOMMEND you disconnect this switch anyway(killing all power to pump)then crank the engine a few times trying...
Back