Recent content by freezerlunik | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by freezerlunik

1. F

Custom bumpers done

Yes, rounded out on the front retracing the body, and went with a bit more square look in the back as somehow the rear looked ...obese? with rounded out, vertical corners on the back -- so we went for a more of the geometrical/Iron Cross style.
  2. F

Custom bumpers done

I lucked out with a fabricator guy I found through BC 4x4 group. It took us 3 fitting sessions and a couple of tweaks, but I think both bumpers came out really well in the end. I was looking to replace the ruined front bumper (the stock bumper took out a BMW that cut into a traffic circle in...
  3. F

Ford Explorer (Caucasus, Russia)

Добро пожаловать! Now I count 3 Russian-speaking 1st gen Explorer owners/fans, myself included X-) Anyway, as far as installing a computer/tablet, your best bet is probably where your console/cubby is between the armrest console and the "torpedo".
  4. F

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. F

1992 xlt Center Console hack/restoration

Post some pics of how it came out?
  6. F

Body mounts part #?

I got the new Moogs swapped in. Front end sits 2cm ~3/4" higher now, measured from the top of the wheel rim to the apex of the wheel well. The ride quality improved some: there seems to be a bit less lean when turning, and less wobble when going over speedbumps. The ride quality is totally...
  7. F

Body mounts part #?

Thanks for the tips, Anime! I have poly radius arm bushings. I got the Moog CC868s, will report back once I got those installed.
  8. F

Body mounts part #?

Thanks Anime! I've put in a nice set of Bilsteins approx 2 years ago, which improved the ride... somewhat. I then also had the ball joints and pretty much all the other common front suspension stuff done 1.5 years ago. I am about to replace the front springs and isolators, as well. My...
  9. F

Body mounts part #?

Hey Ghosttrain, can you share what prompted you to do your body mounts? Did the ride quality improve? I'm getting a lot of small but annoying rattles and shaking when going over potholes.
  10. F

Flimsy Clutch Pedal Bushing

Thanks for the advice, Anime! This article seems to suggest that a bit of grease in the cylinder and on the plunger is actually desired: http://www.redrubbergrease.com/clutch-master-cylinder-repair-leak-or-failure-with-rebuild-kit.html Then again, my grease is all-purpose lithium grease...
  11. F

Another update: Still not satisfied with continuing creaking of the clutch pedal in the upper end of the curve, I decided it must be the master cylinder. So I took off the clutch switch and got a grease gun and a needle nose fitting. Greased up the clutch MC where the connecting rod comes out...
  12. F

Power Steering

I had this exact problem. The wheel felt stiff and didn't want to straighten out coming out of a turn. It was one of the front u-joints going bad and causing stiffness. Was a reasonably cheap fix (~ $150 including labour). DO NOT muck about with the adjusting screw on the gear box -- you are...
  13. F

electric fan conversion kit questions

There's also talk about narrower fans from CLK etc... But no off-the-shelf aftermarket product that works? I woner if I should pick my battles and just get a new fan to replace the cracking one and new clutch rather than mess around with electric, as tempting as it sounds O_O
  14. F

electric fan conversion kit questions

Hey guys -- to piggy-back on this thread -- other than pulling a fan from another vehicle, is there any point in looking at stuff like this...
  15. F

Welp, here's what I found: - Two new bushings is not enough. There appear to be 4 bushings in total, and only the two at outer ends can be replaced without removing the whole pedal cluster. Note the bushings can pop on and off without necessarily having to slide them on. - I only really had...
Back