Recent content by gary ds | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by gary ds

1. G

Valve cover gasket

The drivers side valve cover has the pvc valve and hose at the rear. Easy to strip and only has a oring. It's just not tight enough. Common leaky connection onto exhaust manifold. It's really hard to seal after the cover is back on. Give it special attention, maybe extra rtv around the...
  2. G

2006 Explorer hole in valve cover —- urgent responses

4thgenMohamad, I'm looking at the same exact problem (hole in left valve cover). I'm in Chicago also and it's still pretty cold here to be doing this repair myself in an unheated garage. Where did you get your car repaired? Can you PM me ? gary ds
  3. G

Not much heat

I clamped my outlet hose from the heater core directly to the nozzle of my house hose handle and tried to "pulse" flush, I was carefull not give it too much pressure. Mine blasted through and had a lot of flow and pressure. Remove the vacuum valve and look thru it. Should be open and clear...
  4. G

Not much heat

It's my understanding that the vacuum valve is open fully; when there's no vacuum or it's disconnected from vacuum line. And it's closed fully when it gets vacuum. When heater controls are turned on; no vacuum is given to the valve and it should be open. As others have said; both inlet and...
  5. G

defroster door lever broken

Too cold here in Chicago for a repair now, but this summer I want to be prepared, so I'm following this thread with interest. My left foot and leg are uncomfortable when it's real cold. Along with having an arm repair plan or junkyard flapper arm beforehand; I'd also like to be ready to "screw...
  6. G

defroster door lever broken

I have the same damage, same 2003 xlt; so I can pull the air box out the front of the dash by cutting and get to the broken flapper door arm? Do you have a picture of the air box removed? Did you get another flapper door or repair? The pics do help, thank you.
  7. G

2000 Ford Explorer Lift Gate Issues

2000 ford explorer liftgate I had the same problem. My damage occurred when I tried to adjust / correct a rubbing the roof problem, while the lift struts were attached. Big mistake. First off, take the lift struts off! There's an inner and outer "skin" with a backing plate inbetween, around...
  8. G

Parking Brake REassmebly - Goin Crazy here!

Hi Wheel Jack, I just did mine today. I understand your frustration! I believe your picture is correct. The piece that connects to the cable faces towards the rear of course, and both sides are the same. Mine are stamped R and L. It's the inside piece that is difficult. On my drivers side...
Back