Recent content by gearhead95 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by gearhead95

1. G

CAR WON'T START. Low Oil Pressure?? Coolant Leak??

Attitude isn't necessary, but yes. I'd still still first check the driver door since that is the door that's most frequently used. The way to tell if the switch is bad if when you press the metal ball at the end and it pops back up slowly then THAT is your problem. The new switch that I got had...
  2. G

Which problem are you saying that you have? The Door Ajar Switch or the truck not starting?
  3. G

*****UPDATE****** So I was actually able to fix the problem that I was having with the dome lights remaining on even after the doors were closed after an extended period of time. The problem was the door ajar switch located in the driver door. I ordered the part from AMAZON and for those who...
  4. G

BATTERY DRAIN-CAR ALARM GOES OFF/INTERIOR LIGHTS STAY ON

I've already tried to rotate the dimmer all the way down to turn the lights off and it works, but its only a temporary fit. To my knowledge I haven't seen a liftgate message at all.
  5. G

BATTERY DRAIN-CAR ALARM GOES OFF/INTERIOR LIGHTS STAY ON

I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Premier. The problem I'm having is that recently the car alarm has been going off quite frequently and its now to the point that I have to unhook the battery just to keep it from being drained which is what has happened twice already. Another problem I've been...
  6. G

Gen 4 mirrors on Gen 3 4 Door

Beside the obvious change of the look of the mirrors are the cables that are connected to the 06 mirrors identical to the 02?
  7. G

INDOOR LIGHTS ALWAYS ON/BATTERY DRAIN

Current working on rebuilding my '03 Mountaineer Premier and a recent problem I've run into is that the lights inside the truck don't automatically go off when the doors close after a certain amount of time. Prior to this like normal the lights would turn off within seconds of the door being...
  8. G

Serpentine Belt Break AGAIN

And how would I go about "flushing" out the tubes?
  9. G

So would a new compressor be the best option?
  10. G

Would it still be possible for the compressor to "freeze" in 90+ degree Florida weather?
  11. G

NEW UPDATE: As I was checking out the AC compressor and belt over the weekend. I discovered two things. First after reevaluating the serpentine belt I learned that it wasn't necessarily cut or more so burned off because it looked like it was melted which means that there was more than likely...
  12. G

Ha, no it happened while I was driving home last night
  13. G

Thanks, I really appreciate. I'm definitely gonna look in to the A/C system within the next few days to figure it out.
  14. G

The belt is cut clean across as if someone cut it with scissors.
  15. G

I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Premier with a V8 engine and 2wd. It has over 262,000 miles on it and the problem I'm having is that my serpentine belt broke again and I'm not exactly sure as to what is causing it. I already had this same problem back up in June/July and when I replaced the...
Back