Recent content by geekjon | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by geekjon

1. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

Torsion adjust in the front and 2" lowering blocks in the rear. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's fun to drive.
  2. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I forgot to post a video after the install of the dual Magnaflow XL mufflers.
  3. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I redesigned my exhaust system yesterday using a Jones X-pipe and two Magnaflow XL mufflers. I previously had an H-pipe and two Thrush mufflers.
  4. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I actually wanted to do the same thing – 3.7L in a 1972 Pinto, but I couldn't figure how to fit it in there without some major modifications to to the Pinto. This engine is a lot bigger than the 289ci V8 that people often put in Pintos.
  5. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I used the Explorer motor mounts and welded an adapter bracket to go between those and the engine. I don't think I have any photos. As for the shift linkage, that was simply routed from the steering column, through the firewall, and down to the transmission similarly to how it was in the F150.
  6. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I had to make an adapter plate out of a sheet of steel that had holes drilled for the Corbeau seat bracket as well as the Focus seats. The seats sit slightly higher than the Sport Trac seats did.
  7. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I lowered the front a bit and added 2" blocks in the rear to level out the Sport Trac.
  8. G

Body bolt sizes?

Thanks. Are these full threads or does it matter?
  9. G

Body bolt sizes?

I have new urethane body bushings for my 2001 Sport Trac, but I suspect that I might need to replace the bolts as well. Can anyone tell me the sizes of all 8 body mount bolts, and/or a source for these?
  10. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

Do you mean the electronic throttle pedal? I just had to remove the old throttle cable and pedal, and make spacers to get the new pedal in a similar position.
  11. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I went to Insurance Auto Auctions, but I had to go to a neighboring state that sells salvage vehicles to the public. My state doesn't.
  12. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

Don't buy an engine and trans without the full wiring harness, PCM, and BCM. Your best bet is to start with a wrecked donor vehicle.
  13. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

I'm not sure about the transfer case. I don't have a 4WD Explorer and F150 to compare. The 6-speed is shorter than the previous tranny, so I had to make a longer driveshaft. The donor F150 came with 3.55 gears, so I swapped those into the Sport Trac, because the 4.10 would be way too low. The...
  14. G

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

Yes. I love the way it runs. Any complaint I have right now is simply due to this being a 15 year old vehicle still in need of a few repairs.
Back