Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    Glacier991
    Last Activity:
    September 5, 2017
    Positive ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
    Like 7 0
    Thanks 4 0
    Useful 5 0
    Disagree 0 0
    Birthday:
    January 18
    Home Page:
    law

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru

Moderator Emeritus
    Glacier991 was last seen:
    September 5, 2017
      1. stfree
        stfree
        Hi, Good Sir.
        I have a A4LD in a 1990 Ranger here in Costa Rica. I've studied your post #52 My A4LD Rebuild Diary - Part 3, 2nd half - Reassembly tagged "Lever removal" but I can't see if I can accomplish JUST this part with the transmission complete and in the truck. Any advice would be appreciated. In addition to the rubber parts, I do have a sleeve in case the bore is worn, which I expect is the problem.
      2. AtariJeff001
        AtariJeff001
        Chris, have you ever seen transmission fluid that was literally silver in color, from ultrafine particles suspended in the fluid, with no grittiness to speak of and no burnt or other symptom? It's summertime and I'm starting to get overheat symptoms (vent tube spitting, pressure loss when hot). Thanks! -edit: converter failure possibly? I've got an external filter as well for better protection (hopefully).
      3. Jwl78
        Jwl78
        Year, Model & Trim Level:2001 ford,explorer sport
        O have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport with no Auto 4X4 or traction control. Therefore the wbm I believe will not work on my vehicle. Does anybody know another way two wiring. A mod to engage my 4 wheel drive system do to a bad 4x4 CM I believe. I would appreciate the input.
      4. larrydd999
        larrydd999
        Glacier, it's been about 10 years since your excellent A4LD rebuild diary. Could you find the time to comment on things that you learned, would do differently, etc.? I'm contemplating purchasing a '94 Limited that needs transmission work and doing it myself. I don't plan to go as far as you did (I'm no transmission expert) but certainly plan to use your write-up as a guide.
      5. Stanleyjd
        Stanleyjd
        whats ben lee's handle on here? i need to order of those fancy serious explorations license plate bracket for another member that mailed me a radio.

thanks
        glen
      6. K80
        K80
    • About

Birthday:
      January 18
      Home Page:
      http://
      law
      City, State:
      Sacramento, CA 95827