Recent content by glenmorebuckman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by glenmorebuckman

1. G

A/C Problems on 2002

Hi all, I’ve been doing some searching on here for the current issue I’m having with my a/c but no luck. I’m having the very common vent defaulting to defrost on acceleration but here’s the kicker... it only does it on a/c. It works fine on heat. I’ve not been able to locate any leaks and with...
  2. G

Code 0715 TSS Which Sensor?

Thanks for the help!
  3. G

Found it. The TSS, OSS, and ISS sensors all use the same part, Ford # DY1209 (7H103)
  4. G

It has no dipstick and I know the location of it but none of the parts stores can find it in their parts catalog, so I don't know where to get it. I'm wondering if the input output sensors aren't the same part.
  5. G

I have an intermittent code 0175 for the turbine shaft speed sensor but can;t find it at parts store. Everybody says they only show input/output sensor. Anybody know if maybe it's called something else or maybe can find me a ford part number. It's a 2002 explorer xls 4x4 with 4.0 automatic
  6. G

Strut Assembly

I believe the Monroe OE spectrum Reflex struts I purchased come with a LLT warranty also.
  7. G

Strut Assembly

I'm old school!! Why waste good springs? I already have the tools to change the springs so why not save money at the same time.
  8. G

Strut Assembly

I'm thinking the bumper gets pushed all the way down with flat side up then the bellow then rubber cushion then stud plate then another cushion then flat washer and finally the nut, Any ideas anybody?
  9. G

Strut Assembly

I have looked everywhere but still can't find anything that shows how these things go together. The struts on the vehicle are different as far as having the same parts. Does the bump cushion go on first or does the bellow go on first then the bellow? Worst instructions I've ever seen.
  10. G

Strut Assembly

That’s what I was thinking just wish it would at least show how the cushion goes on. Thanks for the heads up on the coil spring compressor. That could hurt!!
  11. G

Strut Assembly

I purchased Monroe Oespectrum Reflex struts for my 2002 Explorer. I'm going to reuse the springs and just replace the struts. While I haven't removed the old ones yet, I was going over the assembly instructions included with the struts and they don't seem to be all that clear to me. It says to...
  12. G

Tracking down vibration

It's not really felt in either the steering wheel nor the seat. It's pretty much the entire vehicle. I've been trying to track this down for two years now, I haven't tried putting it up on blocks and putting it in drive yet but it sounds like a good way to find it to me. I've done this on other...
  13. G

Tracking down vibration

My 2002 Explorer has a vibration that starts at 60 mph and smooths out at around 70mph. I can’t tell if it’s coming from the front or rear. Wife says rear. I’ve replaced all wheel bearings. It’s been doing this for about two years now and doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I have noticed the...
  14. G

Transmission Output/Input Speed Sensor Location

Replaced 3 sensors on transmission and abs sensor on differential but no luck. Back to the drawing board.Anybody have any ideas? It also seems like it doesn't have near as much power when it's acting up but as soon as the key is turned off and restarted it's fine. I have noticed a rough id;e...
  15. G

Transmission Output/Input Speed Sensor Location

I've had this problem for a very long time with this vehicle. I even purchased a rebuilt transmission and installed it but the problem was still there. The transmission shop I took it to hooked it up to a scanner and drove it and was able to experience the hard shift but nothing was on the...
Back