Recent content by gmbroy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by gmbroy

1. gmbroy

1996 JBL Audio

I found a 6.5" to replace the one i had . I should have just rebuilt the old speaker . very easy & cheap . It was a pain pulling the panel off . I could have replaced the head unit but the **** in me wanted to keep the factory unit . lol It all works well I had the cd changer rebuilt . it works...
  2. gmbroy

Fixing recirculation AC door

Will check , pretty sure i do . Will load it monday after work
  3. gmbroy

Help

Sounds like you might be in 4x4 ?
  4. gmbroy

Rear Diff ??

I am glad your diff. Did not turn out to be toast . Pound for pound the ford explorer's are very hard to beat . But i prefer the x code v6 . Good luck with your explorer & holler if you need us .
  5. gmbroy

Rear Diff ??

You can use gasket with thin coat rtv on each side of it . My concern is the damage thst has all ready been done to your differential do to lack of oil . Once you fill it up ,which means you add oil till it comes out of hole your adding it in , and try it dont be surprized if your rear end breaks .
  6. gmbroy

GEM wire harness

is there any way you could just solder in a new wire to replace the bad one ??? Doing all 26 would be a major PITA . Keep me informed on your progress I will try to help all i can .
  7. gmbroy

Auto locking hub question

the 2 thrust washers are just 2 thin plastic washers , you should have them . some one has taken them off prior to you . they go in between the bearing adjusting nut & the plastic cam .
  8. gmbroy

1997 Explorer Climate Control Possesed !

Have you replaced the blend door actuator ? I need to do the heater treater repair myself . Did you do it or have it done
  9. gmbroy

Radiator Lines

you could go to a junk yard & get a line you could make work that wouldnt be so short . but if its double clamped it should be ok . if you had enough room you could flare the pipe to help hold on the rubber hose .
  10. gmbroy

Towing an enclosed cargo trailer with a V6

X2 what Mbrooks420 said . the bumper is rated for a total of 3500 with 350 being the max tongue weight . Take your time it should do fine . Good luck
  11. gmbroy

1996 JBL Audio

My subwoofer took a crap . where can i get a replacement speaker i can just change out . would prefer to keep it jbl
  12. gmbroy

96 Ford Explorer Headlights won't turn off

My guess would be that the switch has went bad . But you have tried that . let me check my wiring diagram later today & i will get back to you .
  13. gmbroy

Water pump bolts

LOL I am a maintenance mechanic at the Zamma Corp. in Orange VA . We deal with Fastenal & there prices can be very high . If we quote them a price that is much lower they will match it . But what about all the people who just fork it over . We order on line if possible .
  14. gmbroy

Door handles

If possible maybe you could do a write up with pics , that would be very helpful to a lot of us .
  15. gmbroy

Door hinges

let us know how it goes . Hope you find them . worse case is you could go to a junk yard find 2 good hinges then rebush them before installing them .
Back