Recent content by GreenX94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by GreenX94

1. G

1995 Explorer 4.0L OHV: "Engine Out" Timing Synchronizer/ CMP Sensor backprobe test

This is absolutely embarrassing but the sensor was perfectly fine. I may have switched the #2 and 3 cyl wires when I put the coil back in. Swapped them into their correct spots and she is back to normal, no issues. Thanks for the insight on everything @410Fortune. @EB4X turns out I won’t be...
  2. G

1995 Explorer 4.0L OHV: "Engine Out" Timing Synchronizer/ CMP Sensor backprobe test

So for what it’s worth I did install the new style with the alignment tool at0 TDC on cyl 1. Only reason I messed with it and went the book route was because I was having the same drivability problems. Not discounting the possibility though that I may have just got a bad sensor, but the cel...
  3. G

I’ll pm you, because if this issue doesn’t get sorted out then I’ll have to just stick the old style back in. Just sucks I’ll need to replace the connector for it since I had to snip off the old one for a new style plug
  4. G

Digging up the past here also. I just swapped in a new style 3 wire into my 94. No drivability issues before the swap, just a 214 code and a cel, but otherwise she ran just fine. After the swap and following the install for a 94 sensor with a new part I’m having misfires on accel. Did you do...
  5. G

Where are all the used 1st gens?

And that right there is why whenever I think of selling my gen 1 sport, I remember that outside of this community it’s probably gonna end up getting crushed.
  6. G

Did I do good?

I have to ask, did you find it in utah or colorado? An older gentleman here in the ogden area had one that was mint and looks very similar to yours for sale last year. I was tempted to check it out, but I had just bought my sport a few weeks prior. Anyway, congrats on such a find!
Back