Recent content by grfo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by grfo

1. G

Blend door actuator and codes for dual zone controls

When I did the code check this is what I got, I have no idea what it means. Any ideas?
  2. G

Reuse hub nut?

When I replaced the front bearings the front end noise/rumble quieted down considerably. And it was very obvious that the bearings were in the last leg of their life. The left front felt like it had gravel in it. Now I am hearing the rear bearings a bit. People generally not have to replace...
  3. G

Arrrrgggg Front hub stuck/frozen on 2010 4X4 v8

Took longer to get the air hammer lined up for a few clean blows than to actually drive out the shaft, that thing’s a handful! My new favorite power tool!
  4. G

Reuse hub nut?

I did use some locktite red on the threads.
  5. G

Reuse hub nut?

Just got the call from the parts guy at my local dealer, my hub nuts didn't show up again. Which, I'm thankful he followed thru on getting back with me after receiving the shipment this morning. I had a feeling that was going to be the case, I installed the old nut and torqued it up last night...
  6. G

Reuse hub nut?

Fronts
  7. G

Reuse hub nut?

Reuse hub nut? I ordered the replacement hub nuts from my local Ford dealership on Saturday they were supposed to be here today but they have not even shipped out of the warehouse in Tennessee. I have to be on the road tomorrow afternoon, not altogether sure if they’re going to get them by...
  8. G

Arrrrgggg Front hub stuck/frozen on 2010 4X4 v8

That's an awesome video, I have never owned an air hammer but I just ordered one! Thanks Larry!
  9. G

Replacing front wheel bearing hub assy’s at 153K miles

Ordered the Timken HA590156 from Rock Auto. https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/timken,HA590156,wheel+bearing+&+hub+assembly,1636 I also ordered new rotors and pads. With 150,000+ miles, is there anything else I should be looking at replacing? Thank you! Greg
  10. G

Disable TPMS?

In 40 years of driving, I‘ve had plenty of punctured/slow leak tires but never had a rapid loss of air to a tire happen while driving. When I bought a set of new tires for my 2010 EB, I replaced all 4 sensors so that the TPMS system was working properly. Mostly because I wanted to get rid of...
  11. G

2010 Eddie Bauer Interior LED light replacement

I didn't even think of heading to Walmart, fwiw, same price as Amazon for the LED's I checked.
  12. G

2010 Eddie Bauer Interior LED light replacement

The Eddie Bauer with a Sunroof - the forward map light/sunroof control has 4 retaining clips that hold it up in the roof. The front's are smaller and take less force, the rears are pretty stout. Do not bother removing the clear lens cap, not necessary and you might snap off one of the 3...
  13. G

coin holder?

Zone Tech Coin Case Storage Box - Classic Black Premium Plastic Coin Case Storage Box Holder Container Organizer Quality https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071NDY7PL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_-pjKDbEQSV2SW I bought one of these and keep it in the center console. There are a number of places you can attach it...
  14. G

Looking for DE8T-14D544-AG zip for Sync 4.6 (2010 Limited)

Same result. I'm going to guess we need the AG version? I dunno. When I attempt to download the file from the Ford owners website it is trying to download the AD version for my VIN, fwiw.
  15. G

Looking for DE8T-14D544-AG zip for Sync 4.6 (2010 Limited)

I found this set of instructions which was a bit more complete - How to install SYNC® updates to your vehicle | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site The prompts don't match this exactly, but, after using the 2nd procedure, the systems updates in a couple of minutes and says "Installation Complete"...
Back