Recent content by grizzlyxjim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by grizzlyxjim

1. G

Transmission hard parts THP warning

Sold the truck years ago. I lived in a very small apartment at the time against my lease to work on automobiles at it. I did do the oil and such but I'm small I crawled under there and did it without a jack. Everyones circumstances are different. But yeah I wouldn't buy from them their customer...
  2. G

A tip I got off YouTube that came in handy today

I've done this before when installing some tricky audio systems
  3. G

Most common cause for rough idle?

So this is the second 2nd gen explorer I've had that I've had this issue with the same 06 codes and same rough idle. TID 10 CID 21 and TID 41 and CID 12. My google fu ins't the best. The dpfe sensor melted replaced that, EGR didn't seem to be working but a new EGR on it. I've used a smoke...
  4. G

What's that sound?

I used to have a Suzuki Samurai that made that same sound when the oversized tires rubbed on the homemade fender flares.
  5. G

How many quarts for 97 Explorer

Got it on sale for 15 bucks or so wanted to compare it to the Castrol GTX I usually use. So far it seems to be running a little smoother...
  6. G

How many quarts for 97 Explorer

I always do 5 quarts. This time around I tried the Amazon brand high mileage synthetic with Motorcraft filter.
  7. G

Bad Fuel Pump: Delphi or Spectra?

I have used spectra products across a range of vehicles and have never had an issue with them
  8. G

Rear hatch issues?

So I am working on the rear hatch on my 2000 and I am aware of the issue with the clip and the door handle, I assumed that was the issue as I tore it apart I installed the new one and it still does not open, I went as far as to directly use a zip tie between the handle and the lever and still...
  9. G

Hood hinge

I just picked up some hood shocks off amazon for 8 bucks
  10. G

Rust damage to frame 2001 Explorer Sport 103,000 miles

I would clean it with a grinder and get some heavy duty steel and weld it on. I did this to an old toyota pick up I inherited as a teen and it worked fine. As stated above you can get a frame for it that is not rusted through. I do not know how much this would cost at a shop.
  11. G

clicking cd player

You can always spray wd 40 in there and see if it helps (Don't actually do this)
  12. G

Stock Radio Compatibility

Yeah, when I had my mounty I replaced the radio with an in-dash GPS radio unit. So I know the basics and I have to tear my dash apart to replace the odometer and parking shift cable. Was trying to get all the parts at once so I can do it in one go. I guess I will just wait till I have it all...
  13. G

Stock Radio Compatibility

I have a 2000 explorer xls with the single cd. It works but no longer displays. I was looking to just grab an OEM one with a cassette player (since you can use those cassette AUX tapes) I like the look of stock and want to just plug and play but I have no idea if it is the Mach system or the...
  14. G

Could someone pls post the correct place to cut a hole for fuel pump access

Ignore that I didn't realize I was in the 3rd gen part of the forum.
  15. G

Could someone pls post the correct place to cut a hole for fuel pump access

I did a video on this a while back, not the best quality but should give an idea. Take off the passenger seat in the rear and it is right there
Back