Recent content by h82loseejr | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by h82loseejr

1. H

Disable TPMS?

Correct....Sort of...Federal regulations said all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007 must be fitted with TPMS. Well federal regulations also require that all vehicles be fitted with emissions equipment. This stops NO ONE from modifying their exhaust, taking catalytic converters...
  2. H

2004 Explorer Remote Start

Yeah it is 1 of 2 things..Either the "key in ignition" circuit is not getting powered by the remote start or the bypass module is not working right. try this. Hold the key sideways to the ignition do not insert the key into the slot but rather hold the plastic part where the key comes out close...
  3. H

PATS Key Bypass and remote start install without bypass module.

Yep that is right. Now to remove and relocate it there is a wire tray under the steering column. The wires for the receiver run in. You have to get that wire tray to come loose to get the receiver removed. There is one single screw 5.5MM that goes straight up from bottom of the receiver. Then I...
  4. H

The new keys cannot have any chips in them you are correct. I actually removed the chip receiver from the ignition and re routed wires so it is actually under the dash now to avoid this exact thing from happening.
  5. H

please help 05 mountaineer no crank, security light flashing fast, had bad ground term

If you need the wiring diagrams I can get them for you. A good place for free wiring diagrams is BBB industries
  6. H

please help 05 mountaineer no crank, security light flashing fast, had bad ground term

Also you would need to disconnect all of the other modules on the data lines then test for communication to PCM
  7. H

Before replacing the PCM you need to verify all of the power and grounds to the PCM at the PCM. just checking fuses is while is required part of diagnosis is not end all. Is the PCM communicating with a scan tool in any other way? can you pull codes and or get any live data and or trigger...
  8. H

Directed makes some of the best equipment in my opinion. But the point here is to install a remote start without purchasing extra bypass moudle and having to get at least one more key made and programed when you only have one key for the vehicle. All of your points are valid but do not apply to...
  9. H

Ok so you are talking about one certain brand of bypass module which works a certain way. Id have to pull the wiring diagram but im sure that all it needs is voltage or ground applied to one terminal to work. Id say most people do not install an alarm with a remote starter anyway so again im...
  10. H

Actually I just thought about this. any bypass module has a key inside of it. bingo find bypass and you have the key to steal vehicle. Moreso think about what a bypass module does? It bypasses PATS. So even if you buy any bypass module and install it all said thief would need to defeat is the...
  11. H

If someone wants your vehicle they are going to take it chip in key or not. My point exactly
  12. H

and the whole idea is to not have to buy a bypass module on top of the remote start. These vehicles are old enough no one is going to steal them and especially where I am at **** I dont even take my keys out of my car most of the time.
  13. H

What is so bad about the idea? Iv done this on at least 3 vehicles one of them over 2 years ago with no issues on any of them
  14. H

new keys are non chip keys. I actually removed the receiver from the ignition and fished wire out of the cable tray as to not detect another key
  15. H

I am not going to go into detain on remote start install. There are plenty of articles covering that. What I am going to cover is how to bypass PATS or chipped key to install remote starter without purchasing a bypass module . I live in a rural area that I am not worried about bypassing the chip...
Back