Recent content by Hamster65 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Hamster65

1. H

Just Bought - Couple questions

I didn't see anybody mention it so..........here goes. For your horn an CC, first check the fuses and relays. If all those are good, check the wiring to make sure nothing is disconnected or broken.
  2. H

One thing after another.

I'm not seeking help this time around, just venting. My mom recently acquired a 2003 Sport Trac from a REPO lot so yeah, I knew it would have issues to deal with but, they keep adding up. First it was the drivers window not working. Pulled the panel and broke out the multi meter. Getting the...
  3. H

2003 Sport Trac Shift cable bracket near the neutral safety switch

Already tried zip ties.........used heavy duty ones too.......lasted about a week. I'm thinking mechanic's wire would hold better but, I'm going to take the bracket off today and see if I can tweak it enough for the cable housing to lock in. I may add some mechanic's wire too just for extra...
  4. H

2003 Sport Trac Shift cable bracket near the neutral safety switch

Having a hard time shifting into park. I replaced the cable thinking that was the problem because the housing wouldn't clip into the lower bracket. The new cable won't either so, I'm thinking the hole in the bracket must be too worn. Does anybody know a fix or where I can get a new bracket?
  5. H

Never use dielectric grease on O2 sensor electrical connectors

Your info about the electrical connector is totally wrong. Dielectric grease serves 2 purposes.........keeps moisture out of the connector and provides a better electrical connection between mating pins. The connector has ZERO to do with what the O2 sensor senses or how it senses it. It's a very...
  6. H

Transmission fluid change

There are aftermarket drain pans available with a drain plug built in. That may be your best bet.
  7. H

Why?

Personally, I hate them. In fact I don't even own one. However, being that 3 of my family members have them (a 1997 and two 2000's) and me being the mechanic in the family, I'm always the one who has to work on them. That is why I joined this forum, to find answers when I'm needing to repair...
  8. H

1997 Explorer Rear hatch/tailgate problem

I can't unlock the hatch manually or electrically. Tried to unlock it with the power unlock button.......no luck. Tried to unlock it with the key........no luck again. I can turn the key counterclockwise (lock position) and back to the neutral position again but, I cannot turn the key...
  9. H

1997 Explorer exterior lock/handle issues

Hi folks, The driver's door lock is acting up.. If I lock it from the outside with the key, I can unlock it with the key just fine but if I lock it by pushing the lock down then close the door, I can't turn the key to unlock it. I've inspected the mechanism and it does have some play so, I'm...
  10. H

1997 Exlplorer xl v6 temperature gauge not working at all

Yeah, tried that. I did find corrosion on 3 pins in the small square one..........cleaned it, applied dielectric grease, reassembled it and..................still nothing.
  11. H

1997 Explorer - Left rear door will not unlock.

This only works if you can unlock the door. Both the inside and outside door handles are fine and connected. I can feel and hear the linkage move when I pull on them.
  12. H

I just don't see that happening. The little clips holding the panel on, are a bear to get off even with the door open. I found this out when I removed the right side door panel so I could see where and how the linkage was routed.
  13. H

I "played" with it for about half an hour, then my fingers started cramping up. I then put a pair of vice grips on it and continued on for another 10 minutes or so until my arm was just too tired to mess with it. The method I used was to attempt to lock then unlock it about 3 times, then yank it...
  14. H

I need to get the door panel off to fix whatever has gone wrong in there but, I need to get the door open so I can. The door won't unlock manually or electrically. It doesn't feel like anything is broken or disconnected. It feels more like something is stuck or binding. Pushing the button down...
Back