Recent content by happydave12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by happydave12

1. H

Where can I buy a cat in California?

I just purchased 2 new CalCats from Ebay and paid less than $100.00 with free shipping. If you would like specific information on what I ordered PM me.
  2. H

Please help with oil pump replacement in vehicle.

Hi All, I have a 2003 explorer limited 4x4 with a 4.6l engine. The oil pump failed & I'm in process of replacing it in vehicle. I'm all the way to the pump & now I'm stuck. Does anyone know of any threads available or information on replacing pump specific to my vehicle. I'm having trouble...
  3. H

Lost oil pressure

Hi all, my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6l 4x4 230,000 miles lost oil pressure. I has driven about 5 miles and a red light on the dash (hi temp/lo pressure came on & seconds later the Guage dropped to nothing. Oil level is good, no codes were thrown nor did cel come on.i pulled over right away &...
  4. H

Largest tires, can I do this??

Don't know if anybody else has seen this however in my research I ran across a website where the Falken, bfgs and other brands in 245 65 r 17 for under $60.00 per tire new. Th is website name is (see attached link)...
  5. H

95 Explorer 4.0l missing & stalling severely, Help please Anyone!

I did put oil in the #2 and retested compression with 5psig improvement. Not sure what the valve issue yet. I also checked coolant system, I'm not leaking compression internally, the temperature gage comes up approx 1/8in on a hot day it runs very cool. Do you happen to have the location of the FPR?
  6. H

Wanted Stranded, at my wits end,! Any help.!

Okay, I was thinking fuel also but pump. I have a new performance electric fuel pump and filters I just picked up last night. Is the regulator in the pump that's in the tank or I really need to find a really detailed manual on this thing. So my plans for today is to replace the fuel pump and...
  7. H

Wanted Stranded, at my wits end,! Any help.!

I own a 1995 Ford Explorer 4.0l Eddie Bauer. I replaced the engine almost 2 years ago with a used one from a junkyard. For the past 2 months it's been he'll to start and just a pain to drive. Okay so the problem is that it is missing on cylinders 2 & 6. Compression in #2 is only 30psig and the...
  8. H

Rebuilding my life

Rebuilding my life
  9. H

95 Explorer 4.0l missing & stalling severely, Help please Anyone!

I own a 1995 Ford Explorer 4.0l Eddie Bauer. I replaced the engine almost 2 years ago with a used one from a junkyard. For the past 2 months it's been he'll to start and just a pain to drive. Okay so the problem is that it is missing on cylinders 2 & 6. Compression in #2 is only 30psig and the...
  10. H

A/C wiring diagram needed 95 explorer

Thank you very much appreciated.
  11. H

A/C wiring diagram needed 95 explorer

A/C wiring diagram needed 95 Explorer, can anyone help me with a wiring diagram please
  12. H

95 explorer 4.0 running like crap HELP

Thank you, I'm on it. I'll post my results shortly
  13. H

95 explorer 4.0 running like crap HELP

I have the same issue although the only code I get say EGR. HOWEVER passenger side front cylinder was dead.I replaced plug wires and put platinum plugs which got cylinder firing again but at low rpm/idle I have a terrible miss. Compression is good in all 6 cylinders, wondering if maybe the fuel...
  14. H

A/C Relay Location?

Help please I'm stuck Good morning all. 1995 Ford Explorer 2wd 4.0l OHV engine, Can anyone please direct me to or provide a link to a circuit and electrical Diagram that shows component location and Wiring-Diagram. My front blower will not work for a/c or heating. The rear blower works fine...
  15. H

Good Morning, Newbie I the house!

Hello all, just wanted to take a minute to say hi & introduce myself. Hi, I'm Michael, I've been a registered member for a couple years, however I've never did the new member introduction. I own 2 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorers. My wife drives the 91 4x4, I drive a 95 2wd. Hers is primarily stock...
Back