Recent content by heavymetal2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by heavymetal2

1. H

97 5.0 mountaineer own 9 years "help on cluster lights out???

hey koda2000 thanks for the reply. yes the tail lights and the tag plate lights work fine. with the dimmer switch when i roll it up and down only the radio light and the top map light work good it dims low and high. but no lights in the cluster dash and the power window button,a/c, the...
  2. H

All of my insturment cluster lights went out!!!

wow old post and not one ford guy knows this answer?? i am at lost here too. it just happen to me. just wondering if this is a common thing it happens to any ford or mercury older model suvs?
  3. H

97 5.0 mountaineer own 9 years "help on cluster lights out???

97 5.0 mountaineer own 9 years help on cluster light out??? owner of a 5.0 1997 mercury mountaineer love it own it for 9 years now. need help on my instrument cluster lights went all out and the ac control works but not the lights and all the power window lights don't light up no more! all...
  4. H

97 5.0 mountaineer own 9 years help on cluster light out???

owner of a 5.0 1997 mercury mountaineer love it own it for 9 years now. need help on my instrument cluster lights went all out and also the ac control works but not the lights and all the power window lights don't light up no more! all went out. everything works on head light, radio lights,map...
  5. H

1997 mountineer problems trouble shoot

97 mountaineer 5.0 owner 9 years. cluster light out??? owner of a 5.0 1997 mercury mountaineer love it own it for 9 years now. need help on my instrument cluster lights went all out and also the ac control works but not the lights and all the power window lights don't light up no more! all...
  6. H

owner of a 5.0 1997 mercury mountaineer love it own it for 9 years now. need help on my...

owner of a 5.0 1997 mercury mountaineer love it own it for 9 years now. need help on my instrument cluster lights went off and the ac lights and also on all the power window lights s went out. everything works on the instrument cluster all the gauges work and the other lights from engine check...
  7. H

My instrument lights aren't working

you too on my 1997 mercury mountaineer 5.0 everything work but the dam instrument cluster lights and the lights on the locks and a/c lights dark..?/ all fuse are good i need a ford or mercury 1997 wire diagram? any help will do thanks
  8. H

Help on engine light on &off on &off

Yes it was the egr. PROBLEM SOLVED!! NO MORE ENGINE LIGHTS,,,
  9. H

1997 5.0 Mountaineer. Water reserve tank is always low.

I hope not it's not the head gasket! last time i check Radiator it had antifreeze it was to the top and it was this year on middle of feb,2011. 2 month ago i add some antifreeze into the reserve tank on the the max line.it was low.i Like i said on my first post the temp gauge acting up.i...
  10. H

1997 5.0 Mountaineer. Water reserve tank is always low.

Hey guys i need help on my 1997 5.0 mercury mountaineer i need info on my water reserve going empty? 2 month ago i filled the water reserve with clear Antifreeze 50/50 already made when you buy it from the store.my temp gauge start to go up once at a stop sign and when i drive the temp gauge...
  11. H

Help on engine light on &off on &off

:us: my 1997 2wd v8 mercury mountaineer engine light keeps going on for 1 day and the next day it's off?the suv had a full service maintanance! we had to get it smog the next day! on that same day the engine light goes off? the next day on the smog day we took it in it pass 100%. couple hours...
  12. H

$316 for transmission and oil change charged?

thanks for the info about transmission fluid no worry there!
  13. H

you guys are right! should of look for a local shop i would of done it my self .all my tools are at my father home 300 miles way! and mom and pop shop local autoshop i need to look into it. my truck needs repair on all the upper and lower ball joints replacement.meineke want $600 dollar. they...
  14. H

i told my wife to get a oil change and a transmission fluid change it was $316 at meineke! does that sound right to anybody?included free 4 month road side assistance with oil change! oil change $25 transmission filter gasket and dexronIII $69 transmission pan drop service with new pan $90...
Back