Recent content by herlilred96 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by herlilred96

1. H

Just bought another one today. Hope I won't have as many problems with this one....

Just bought another one today. Hope I won't have as many problems with this one....
  2. H

Swapping motors and PATS

Thank you so much. I thought that was the case but I always like to ask around the forum to confirm. I have learned so much from you all. Really appreciate it.
  3. H

Swapping motors and PATS

Ok, quick question. If I swap the motor "only" from one 99 explorer to another 99 explorer, leaving the pcm and wiring in tact, then I won't have to do any reprogramming, correct? Thank you.
  4. H

Explorer 4.0 OHV - system too lean banks 1 & 2 Please HELP!!!

Hello all, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here. After months of struggling with a darn #4 misfire and bank one lean condition this forum helped me narrow it down and finally I have all green on the readiness monitors and no pending codes.... Mine is a 96 4.0 v6 ohv. First I...
  5. H

floor board seems to get hot ???

just a quick overall update... after mechanic left I had my buddy from the exhaust (muffler) shop run another scan and clear the previous codes and then to my dismay it coded with a p1405 code. I was not a happy camper... I bought the explorer to work out of and its been six months of trial and...
  6. H

yes, to the CEL. Codes for a misfire but I have a real mechanic on it as we speak. (real - meaning- not me.) someone who has been certified through a school. I think that most of the major bugs have been worked out finally. I start saving for a complete, new exhaust system now. As for o2...
  7. H

it seems like the floor board is getting rather hot these days. After driving for a while, (recent change from tennis shoes to sandals) could explain it I suppose..... my question being, is this a normal occurrence or can it indicate a problem? Engine temp gage shows it's staying in a normal...
  8. H

When the explorer is heated, started hesitating acceleration with high rpms

hi, I was having very similar problems with my 96 (sport) and would have sworn it was a tranny issue. After changing plugs, wires, coil pack, then later radiator, water pump, fan clutch still had same issues. No power, on acceleration but ran fine at higher speeds and when cool in the morning...
  9. H

radiator model interchangeability

Thank you all. I went ahead and changed them out and it worked perfect. We are back on the road and running cool again. I appreciate the info.
  10. H

radiator model interchangeability

I have a 96 explorer 4.0 that needs a radiator. Can anyone tell me if the radiator from my 99 4.0 explorer will fit and work properly? I bought a radiator from pick and pull but it also leaks. I bought the 99 to use for parts. But before I tear it all apart I thought I would ask. Thanks
  11. H

lean codes 1 and 2 help

UPDATE: Great advice all. Turns out the number 4 plug wire was not seated all the way. She's running pretty good now. It seems that no matter the issue the thing still goes and goes. My friend with the code reader will by tomorrow to recheck with the tester but he reset the CEL and I drove the...
  12. H

lean codes 1 and 2 help

Good to know. I'm going out now to check again that each wire is on all the way, etc. It seems to me that considering the fact that it was misfiring on 6 and after plug and wire change it is now misfiring on 4 that it would almost have to be related to a plug or wire issue. ?? I'm guessing...
  13. H

lean codes 1 and 2 help

Thank you. Mine is the OHV. I did look up the order and made note of the proper number order and verified that each wire was attached appropriately as I had changed them one at a time to make sure I didn't mix them up but not sure the person before me hadn't mixed them up. Now I wonder...
  14. H

my question is... plugs, wires, and misfire condition

Ok. Sorry if there is already answers to this but I can't find it so I'm asking for ideas. 96 Explorer I had a #6 misfire. I changed the coil pack(w/new) changed plugs and wires.. Now I have a #4 misfire. Could i have possible just not gotten the wires seated all the way? It runs fairly...
  15. H

How to: Open hood without cable - Help! Hood won't open!

how i have to open my hood. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in here. Not sure if my cable has stretched or what but it doesn't pop when I pull the handle so I was kind of nervous about the thought that another person may not be around sometime to hold the handle open while I pushed up...
Back