Recent content by Hitchhikingmike | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Hitchhikingmike

1. H

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Nice! I too have an '02 black XLS. I don't see black XLSes that often...
  2. H

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Nice! I too have an '02 black XLS. I don't see black XLSes that often...
  3. H

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas. :)
  4. H

180,000 and going strong!

great! I like seeing older cars still working well. I have 145kmi on my '02. Still has untouched timing chains and original transmission.
  5. H

Loose wheels, side to side play, but tie rod ends solid as a rock?

Hello. Check your wheel bearings. Sounds like your wheel bearings are bad.
  6. H

3rd gen success story

its a Westin model. I picked it up new off of Craig's list years ago. I've used it maybe just a couple times to push disabled cars slowly. For this purpose it works well. Otherwise I just like it for aesthetics.
  7. H

3rd gen success story

Thanks.
  8. H

clean 1993

I'm just going to leave this here. https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/ford-explorer-classic-low/6329578452.html was just browsing on CL and then all of a sudden came across this. So who's going to take one for the team and snatch this up?
  9. H

3rd gen success story

Hi all, I just wanted to post a semi-seccuess story for my 2002 explorer. It just turned over 140kmiles with no major work done on the transmission or engine. READ: transmission is original, timing chains untouched and still going great, original rear diff. I've owned this explorer since 2007...
  10. H

V6 Explorer timing tool kit. Otc 6488.

Hi Dazzan, I can't help you with this, but I just dropped by to say that I've read a lot of posts of people buying aftermarket/no-name brand chains and tensioners only to have to replace them again a year later. The Ford tensioner kits appear to to be of the best quality. best of luck...
  11. H

How to install cabin air filter [PICTURES]

Even though I'm not active on this forum anymore, I still own and daily drive this explorer after all this time. I wanted to come back to post that I have found a factory cabin filter that fits the dimensions for this mod exactly! The filter is for a BMW 3 series I believe. I am now using a WIX...
  12. H

How to install cabin air filter [PICTURES]

I'm glad this has helped other people. I'm not sure about if this works on other gens as well.
  13. H

How long did your Servo Bore "O-Ring Fix" last

I did mine around 100k miles, I now have 134k miles and no issues. The servo fix was definitely worth it.
  14. H

How to make your Ford Explorer steering column telescope PICS

Hello, I have never looked at the columns in the second gens before, but I doubt it though.
  15. H

Build thread - Skyforger

cool build, KE5CAT here.
Back