Recent content by huskertodd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by huskertodd

1. huskertodd

Need help with shocks for Superlift IFS !

I ended up with the 5100 series bilsteins. The front and rear I run body up. Awesome shocks! Huge upgrade over the superlift shocks I had. The rear I ran upside down because you don’t get any dirt or debris settling on the seals like you do with body down installs. The 5100 series is for lifted...
  2. huskertodd

Towing mirrors 2nd gen Explorer

Hey guys, they are still for sale.
  3. huskertodd

I’ll take them
  4. huskertodd

Do ya accept PayPal?
  5. huskertodd

Which styles can be ran upside down? Monotube? I’d like to try some Bilsteins maybe.
  6. huskertodd

Thanks for the idea.
  7. huskertodd

Bump for any ideas....
  8. huskertodd

Curious what shocks others with the 4” superlift are running in the front.
  9. huskertodd

Crickets.......bumpity bump
  10. huskertodd

Jon, I got the collapsed and extended measurements but the front shocks need that bottom ext rod...

Jon, I got the collapsed and extended measurements but the front shocks need that bottom ext rod on them to clear the cv. It seems shock manufacturers on have that rod on the stock length not with the ones for 4” lift. Curious what shocks guys with 4” superlifts are using. Thanks. Todd
  11. huskertodd

Hey Jon. Question for ya. What companies make an aftermarket front shock to go with our 4”...

Hey Jon. Question for ya. What companies make an aftermarket front shock to go with our 4” superlift ex’s. I need new shocks but don’t want to buy superlift shocks again. Bilstein told me they only have front shocks for the stock height. I have the shock ext and collapsed measurements from the...
  12. huskertodd

Anybody with any suggestions on a certain brand of shock that might fit or maybe relocating the lower shock mounting spot to a different spot on the lower control arm. Thanks again
  13. huskertodd

Was curious what front shocks would work with the 4” superlift kit. I have the superlift superride shocks now but am wanting to upgrade those. The rear aren’t the problem, they have tons of replacements. I called superlift and have the collapsed and extended measurements, but the front shocks...
Back