Recent content by iajet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by iajet

1. I

Intermittent clicking sound when turning right. Pop, wheel comes off…

I had this happen with a boat trailer a few years ago. One of two things: 1. Someone did not tighten the lug nuts to spec or 2. This was an intentional act by someone who is not your friend. My guess is number 1. So very luck this did not happen at highway speeds.
  2. I

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Looks good. What size lift, tires and rims?
  3. I

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

What size lift and tires?
  4. I

97 5.0 issues

The valve was constantly open.
  5. I

97 5.0 issues

I had a similar issue not too long ago and the culprit was the EGR vacuum solenoid. Good luck
  6. I

2010 Ex lumbar support bracket source

So the metal bracket broke. Does anyone have a source for the bracket only? Or a good MacGyver fix? I have what I think will be a temporary fix with 5 thick zip ties holding it together. Thanks
  7. I

Anyone have a trusted source for PCM rebuild for 2010 Ex?

So attached is the original issue and troubleshoot by the dealer. I have been driving it as is, as there is nothing wrong with it except the CEL is on. Just the other day my wife was driving it and it just died as she was driving. It is back at the dealer and they say the issue traces back...
  8. I

00 OHV Galloping like a 3 legged drunk

I recently had a misfire in #6, wild idling up and down 500 RPM, and just a rough running engine. The culprit was the EGR vacuum solenoid. Hope it is something simple, good luck.
  9. I

Anyone have a trusted source for PCM rebuild for 2010 Ex?

I live in SoCal and know there is a shop in Van Nuys but don't know anyone that has done business with them. Anyone else have a known and reliable source for a rebuild?
  10. I

99 EB a/c head unit source

Does anyone have a source for an automatic head unit?
  11. I

Hesitation/jerking problem

I did not, however the coils that were replaced were oem and I had the issue before the coils were replaced. There were no issues with the coils, plugs and wires (that I know of) I just replaced them at 105k miles because I felt it was time. So you think there was an issue with the oem coils...
  12. I

Assuming you are responding to me...I replaced the wires, plugs and coils probably 50k miles into this issue with no change. It seems better but still wildly intermittent so it is hard to tell. Assuming this was in response to
  13. I

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

I found this interesting....
  14. I

Hmm, I have a similar issue but at high speeds in OD or going up hills with OD off and around 40-45 mph. This has been an issue for years and no one has been able to figure out why. MAF has been cleaned, new plugs and wires, new fuel pump, trans fluid change (non of these items were changes...
  15. I

2nd push on key fob lock creates a beep

Will this also disable the horn? I would rather not disable safety equipment.
Back