Recent content by IBrokeDadsCar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by IBrokeDadsCar

1. I

Dual Climate Control problem, passenger side blows hot while on AC

The old fashioned way. Go to their parts shop and tell them you need the blend door unit pass side and give your vin or vehicle specs. Apparently the parts are specific to different trims/years.
  2. I

No part number, but I'd expect to pay about 300 parts and labor for the fix. Glad to hear it's been a good vehicle for you. Mine has 70k and has needed probably over 6k in repairs. I will not buy another Ford after this vehicle.
  3. I

Your issue is probably the passenger side blend door unit, which is what mine was, exhibiting the same symptoms.
  4. I

Yeah, don't take it to Jerry's Ford in Annandale, VA. They're crooks who can't diagnose problems. I recharged my AC, replaced the evaporator assembly at the advice of the dealer, and still had the problem. Replaced the driver's side blend door since they said that was also broke, all with...
  5. I

Just Replaced AC Evaporator, but now car doesn't seem to cool the same?

Okay so another update: I arrived to Colorado and had a local Ford dealership check out my issue. They ran diagnostics on the computer and immediately found a fault in the passenger side blend door. They said the last Ford dealership didn't put in any tech notes or anything that they could...
  6. I

You guys wouldn't believe it (or maybe by now you do), but after recharging the system properly, there's no improvement. My car is actually in worse condition now than when I brought it to them. Their advice was that they need to tear the dash all the way down again to look at the evaporator...
  7. I

I'm beginning to think the tech isn't the strongest. It's good to hear that he did it wrong so that maybe he gets it right and I'm fixed. That would be the idea, but I'm not sure if it explains how the system just randomly swings a door closed and shoots hot air through the vents. We'll have...
  8. I

Have you found anything to be the culprit?
  9. I

Hey Boomin, yep we did that. The first one was faulty but the second one had full swing. Is there an easy way to see the driver side blend door in action without dissembling too much? Ford said they verified it's working properly now but not sure how I can trust much anymore. I am hoping to...
  10. I

You are totally right. I spoke to the tech this morning and he told me that they did verify the check valve was working correctly so he's stumped. What he did also tell me that gives me some hope: when he charged the AC system, he only checked the high pressure, not the low pressure. He's...
  11. I

Checked the car into Ford again. They had it a day and decided they wanted to take the dash apart to get to the evaporator housing. Well they stopped short because they found that the blend door that they had replaced on the driver side was malfunctioning and so they replaced it again...
  12. I

And I did mention about the vacuum lines so he can inquire if they checked the vacuum test.
  13. I

UPDATE for everyone following this thread. I replaced the control unit and spent the weekend driving the vehicle and taking temperature measurements from the vents. Same issue with the driver side yielding roughly a 10 degree higher temperature than the passenger side. I noticed when I turned...
  14. I

Thanks for your continued help on this. I'm hoping they checked the vacuum lines since they said they had three separate guys working on it. At any rate, that replacement control unit is on its way for only $50 and I can see if that fixes it. I drove the car today and the air was pretty...
  15. I

I should add that the issue is still that the driver side vents vary with how cold the air is that they blow. It varies from 60 degrees F down to 45 degrees. They're thinking that because it is fluctuating, the control unit is sending bad signals to the actuators to incorrectly blend the air...
Back