Recent content by idontknow82 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by idontknow82

1. I

Is it done for? Crank no start

Hey 96eb96. Code reader doesn't pull any codes. I did switch a couple of the bigger relays around. I will check the book to see the specifics. Oh by the way hope you all can excuse my outburst, this vehicle often really winds me up and it takes a while to settle down.
  2. I

Those are your words not mine! I am considering other problems as well as the condition of the under body as well. I could hold on to it and use it as a trade in too, lots of options.
  3. I

Thanks for the suggestions! No fuel pump sound like there use to be. I knew I should have dumped it at the junk yard back in September, now that is where it will go to. I am tired of the constant headaches with this explorer. Thanks for the help everyone!
  4. I

It started a day ago when it was 15 out. Now it won't start at all. Recorded the sound for you.
  5. I

Brake lines finally fixed & possible misfire problem

I did take out the coil pack and test it with the multimeter. I did get one odd reading last night but now it won't give that reading again. I think the problem is intermittent. I am not sure if it is a motorcraft part or not I think it says made in spain though. I also noticed how it is...
  6. I

No trouble codes. The last time I got a misfire code was like back in 2013 i think when it was difficult to start in cold temperatures. This has been an issue for years now but it is now more noticeable and louder. I replaced the wires to try to fix the cold temperature starting problem...
  7. I

I did buy the eastwood brake flare tool. I had to redo some flares couple of times because it would sometimes have a metal sliver hanging. I took it out for a test drive and the brake pedal feels like it did way before the brake line rusted out. It stops pretty fast. I think I might have...
  8. I

rear brake line job leaks in 3 places

Picked up a set of masterforce ( made in USA ) SAE and metric flare wrenches at menards on sunday. That is the good news, the bad news is that the splitter came off it's mount. I haven't checked if it can be put back on, or if I will have to replace it out of pocket...Darn china junk. I...
  9. I

Picked up a metric and sae set of wrenches at menards today.
  10. I

Alright settle down, those were just words of frustration with this job. Honda civic.....surely you must be kidding. I don't own vehicles withengines in the improper way. Lol.
  11. I

I can't get them any tighter with the open ended ones. It does appear that it has stopped leaking except for where the main hard line meets up with the soft line hose in that odd spot. It gets old having to get special tools just to finish jobs on this piece of crap.
  12. I

I only used a short open-end wrench to tighten it so that could of been the problem. I didn't want to over tighten it as I didn't think it would take much. I will add line wrenches to my list as well. So it will sit until June some time now.
  13. I

Yes I flared it myself Yep they are double flares. Every thing is new, no old stuff was usable as it wouldn't come apart. I always put electrical tape over the openings as well. I do have a flare tool like the one in the below picture that I got from amazon. I will have to look in to...
  14. I

I finished doing new brake lines. Went to try to bleed the things, and it leaks like a sieve in 3 places one is where the long line meets up with the soft line, and than it leaks at the splitter where the hard line goes in to that, and than the other side where the hard line goes to soft...
  15. I

Brakes, she's a leaker!

I started working on a little bit here and there on this brake job a few days before the end of march, and this job is a headache ( like most things on these explorers ) which is why it has taken so long to do. Trying to cut out things that are rusted especially where the hard line meets with...
Back