Recent content by Inane222 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Inane222

1. I

Adding HD Radio

You can have Sirius, nav and HD all together, no problem. Add the HD ACM and edit some code. I sent a PM your way.
  2. I

Adding HD Radio

You'll need an HD ACM and Forscan to modify some settings with your car. I added an HD radio to my 17' and got it off eBay for about $80. It came out of a 16' model Taurus. I found that an ACM out of a 11' - 15' Explorer / Taurus will bolt and plug up. However, the CD slot of the ACM will...
  3. I

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Kaygee, I was going to send over the horn code but just noticed you got that one posted. Digging though my mad scientist Forscan binder of notes, I found a post it note that I labeled "lock feedback". I was successfully able to get my lights flashing when locking with the key fob so I...
  4. I

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Graves, When I tackled the MFT mod back in 2016, I used the popular F150 site and a Fusion site for information to bring me up to speed on the mod itself and FORSCAN. I was looking back over the Fusion spreadsheet and it has a decent little chunk of info about DRL's. It sounds like you...
  5. I

Correct. That was I was trying to get out. That is apparently the issue in that bulletin I linked. The DRL's are simply the low beams and after time, it messes with the lens. It will be interesting in seeing if Ford changes that to a dedicated DRL similar to a retail model. Our Chargers...
  6. I

Graves / KayGee, Forscan has been a wonderful tool for me. I was issued my 17' PIU in November 2016 and have done the following thanks to Forscan. -Modify stock PIU 4.2" display with Sync up to 8" MFT Sync system (Parts out of a 16' Explorer Limited) -Add HD radio (out of a 15' Taurus) -Just...
  7. I

Graves, it may be a good idea to disable the DRL's on the 3 in the fleet. SGT has a thread on here about the 16+ PIU's having some clarity issues with the headlamps due to the LED's being on with the DRL's. The civilian models with DRL's have a slight different headlamp assembly. Let me see...
  8. I

Low gear button questions....

I have a 17' PIU Eco and this was the 2nd mod I did. First was going to 8" MFT. I rewired the "low gear" button to a small switch on the bottom half of the steering column, kinda below where the key goes. I checked the original button at the end of the column shift and found out it was only a...
  9. I

Flex seats fit in Explorer

Good work Fredon and thanks for taking the time to share that info. Let me know how the rears work with the hook from the flex. I have a 17" PIU and they only fold flat. There are times where I wish they would release and tumble forward like on the retail models. I haven't really looked into...
  10. I

Adding navigation, need help with media hub.

Hey guys, about this time last year, I converted my 17' PIU over from the 4.2" screen with Sync to the 8" MFT system. Got it all up and running and it was definitely worth it! Take the time to learn how to use Forscan and learn about As Built codes. I skipped on adding navigation at the time...
  11. I

Dash wiring pinouts needed

Not sure if this will help you but ...... I have a 17' PIU with Sync and about this time last year converted it over to MFT with the 8" screen. After I got everything up and running (big thanks to Forscan), I couldn't get my HVAC to work correctly, neither on the bezel or on the touch screen...
  12. I

Performance Upgrades

You might check around for any Mustang mods. The 3.7 is straight out of the Mustang coupe from a few years back. I'm sure you'll run into plenty of Mustang parts that won't work on the Explorer, but you may come up with something to give you a little bump in HP.
  13. I

PIU Wheels to XLT Wheels Swap

I can't confirm what type of TPMS is used on those wheels. On the Crown Vic's, it was a generic sensor that was held with a metal band that was fastened around the inside of the wheel itself. I'd either check some online Ford parts diagrams or check on eBay. All kinds of late model Explorer...
  14. I

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

I didn't install the "Tow" switch. I'm not sure if the wiring is even there on the PIU since a received isn't an option. On the PIU's, they have a button at the end of the column shifter labeled "low". If you turn this on from a stop, it won't shift out of first. If you hit it while driving...
Back