Recent content by inkjunkie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by inkjunkie

1. inkjunkie

p0171....cel on..

The iat has been replaced, I clean it every 6k miles or so. Will check the fuel pressure today. This was the data that was along with the code.... KOEO fuel pump pressure was 65psi.
  2. inkjunkie

p0171....cel on..

The iat has been replaced, I clean it every 6k miles or so. Will check the fuel pressure today. This was the data that was along with the code....
  3. inkjunkie

p0171....cel on..

Have done enough reading that I am cross eyed. 99 4.0 SOHC. 305k miles. Past several months the truck has been having an idle issue. Come to a stop, idle will hang up around 1200 rpm. Idle will drop to below 500rpm...and the oil pressure gauge will bounce to 0. Some times it stalls, some times...
  4. inkjunkie

All sorts of gremlins showing up

ABS light. No broken wires. Sensor replaced, have not checked to see if it is snotted up but will tomorrow. Driving with cruise set....starts to surge ever so slightly then ABS light will come on. If the ABS light is not on when coming to a stop pedal will pulse, ABS pump is groaning and ABS...
  5. inkjunkie

ABS LIght

Both wires going to the rear Speed Sensor were partially broken, right at where the clamp closest to the frame is. Looks like they may have been a spring holding tension on the e-brake cable that is now busted. The wires are clamped to the e-brake cable so without the spring they are forced to...
  6. inkjunkie

ABS LIght

Can't believe no one else has ran into this....
  7. inkjunkie

ABS LIght

The Auto Enginuity software does indeed show ABS wheel speeds. The plug on the rear axle speed sensor was spotless. It is missing one ear...so the sensor was replaced before we bought the truck. Forgot....changed the diff fluid about 8k miles ago. Everything looked pretty clean...
  8. inkjunkie

Sway bar end links replaced = instant power steering death?

I am guilty of this. Scared the snot out of me.
  9. inkjunkie

ABS LIght

The ABS light on our 99 Explorer has been popping on every now and then for several years now. When it first started I plugged my laptop in and took a look for codes using the Auto Enginuity software. No codes. Noticed that if the roads were slick just about guaranteed that the ABS light was...
  10. inkjunkie

99 Explorer fuel filter connection

Doing routine maintenance on our Explorer. Was due for a fuel filter change. Should note that since we got the Explorer back in 06 or so I have always used the correct release tool. Anyway, two of the retainer tabs finally broke. Ran down to NAPA, picked up new retainer clips, the spring steel...
  11. inkjunkie

No crank...b1352...

Don't know why it set the code. It has close to 250k miles on it and has a few oil leaks. Whenever I have these sort of issues 2 things always happen. 1. I freak out a bit... 2. I check grounds. The ground cable is on the bottom starter bolt. There was a crap load of slop on the cable end. Even...
  12. inkjunkie

2nd gen issues? Try this first!

Could one of these connectors cause a b1352 code?
  13. inkjunkie

No crank...b1352...

Just about ready too get the 50BMG rifle out and end this things life...going to be a bit long winded. Have dropped the key for it numerous times. Some of the plastic is missing. Has been for quite a while. Out running errands. Came out out of the Post Office and was greeted by a no crank...
  14. inkjunkie

Stalls when cold....

No Sir, no codes. Will plug the laptop in next chance I get. Won't be tomorrow, wheel bearing crapper out in my diesel pickemup... Will be investigating this as well...Thanks for the advice...
  15. inkjunkie

Stalls when cold....

Afternoon folks...have not visited here in a very long time....I do apologize. Our 99 Explorer is acting up. 4.0 SOHC. Just plugged in my laptop with Auto Engunity scanner software in it...typed in all the necessary info to start a scan of everything.....nada.... Problem is failure to...
Back