Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

J_C's Recent Activity

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. J_C replied to the thread V Reg Explorer help please - PAS pipes.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation but it seems like if a shop is being paid to do work and they've misplaced a part, it's on them...

January 20, 2018 at 7:02 PM
    2. J_C replied to the thread AWD sucks in snow and then turns off.

This, though it may have already set and stored a code so I'd go ahead and check it now. Can drivetrain set "pending" codes like engine...

January 20, 2018 at 12:33 AM
    3. J_C replied to the thread zoom zoom 96 explorer gas pedal stuck!.

I had an Old's Delta 88 that had the gas pedal come off to the point of being unusable from the bracket bolts backing out. Nobody had...

January 20, 2018 at 12:15 AM
    4. J_C replied to the thread New Brake Pads, New Issue.

You might end up with greater contact surface area but it could vary. The coefficient of expansion is higher for (iron) rotors than...

January 19, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    5. J_C replied to the thread which is greater engine wear from turning on or left idleing?.

There are a couple other things you can do with many lawn tractors to charge the battery faster for shorter run usage. One, they...

January 19, 2018 at 6:06 PM
    6. J_C replied to the thread New Brake Pads, New Issue.

Turn (if enough material thickness remains) or replace the rotors. If you have a micrometer [or some designs of caliper] then you can...

January 19, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    7. J_C replied to the thread which is greater engine wear from turning on or left idleing?.

Check your state laws, in some it is illegal to leave an unattended vehicle idling for some period of time. I wouldn't be very...

January 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM
    8. J_C replied to the thread zoom zoom 96 explorer gas pedal stuck!.

That used to happen to me in an old beater sedan with vinyl mats, in cold weather they'd curl up and I'd take them inside, soften them...

January 17, 2018 at 11:57 PM
    9. J_C replied to the thread Stock rims.

^ You must have a long distance to travel or overpriced salvage yards. Here, a 15" aluminum wheel is $20 + $15 core charge. That link...

January 17, 2018 at 7:02 PM
    10. J_C replied to the thread 1999 explorer giving horrible engine problems.

The alignment I was referring to was rotating the engine to top dead center on cylinder 1, not an adjustment to the sensor mount. Again...

January 16, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    11. J_C replied to the thread 1999 explorer giving horrible engine problems.

Did you rotate the engine to cyl #1 top dead center and/or use a special tool to align the camshaft sensor? I've never done this myself...

January 16, 2018 at 3:01 PM
    12. J_C replied to the thread Stock rims.

No offense to your buddy but I would ignore him and call a salvage yard. Explorers in yards are a dime a dozen and they might have no...

January 16, 2018 at 1:17 AM
    13. J_C replied to the thread Harder cold starts.

What led me down this tangent is that with my old battery, one of the cells was weak. It would still crank nearly the same, a little...

January 15, 2018 at 7:24 PM
    14. J_C replied to the thread Lose Belt?.

It looks like it's towards the tight end to me, but yeah I could have it backwards and it depends on which way the pulley rotates down....

January 15, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    15. J_C replied to the thread Harder cold starts.

^ They make less current when it's cold. The last 1 - 2 years I had my old battery it cranked longer on cold starts but started fine...

January 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    16. J_C replied to the thread Driving 1,200 miles any tips?.

Typical things, check battery water level, hoses, belts, wipers, and any other mantenance that ought to have been done but hasn't been...

January 15, 2018 at 1:46 AM
    17. J_C replied to the thread Harder cold starts.

I do not see any mention of battery. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone if there is a cold start issue and no mention of battery.

January 15, 2018 at 1:42 AM

We Support Our Troops!